Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Zig

join:2008-11-20
Lexington, KY

1 edit

[DVR] All of my multi-room series were deleted Lexington, KY

I have the multi-room DVR with 3 boxes. This morning all 3 boxes had been rebooted, and all of my series recordings had been deleted from all 3 boxes. What I had recorded was still there, just the series programming was all gone.

I called Insight and confirmed they pushed out some new software which did it. If you haven't looked at your series recordings lately you may want to double-check that they're still there.

Did anyone else have this problem? It's a major hassle to have to set up all of the recordings yet again.

Matt_31
Who Hit The Power Button
Premium
join:2003-02-21
Jasper, IN
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Insight Communic..

Re: All of my multi-room DVR series were deleted

I have two non multi-room and had about 40 programs "set" for all our seasonal shows. When they did the TWC update for Evansville my DCH-6416 basically deleted EVERYTHING including shows we had. Where my DCT6414 III just updated the software and it left everything. I was pissed about the deleting but no point in bitching as since the November of last year I had it out with insight/twc over cable boxes and problems.
--
Intel I7-930 2.80GHz, X58A-UD3R Mobo, G.Skill 6GB Triple Channel Ram, EVGA 560 Video, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, 2 VelociRaptors 150GB Each, Windows 7 Home Premium x64,

kalone
Premium
join:2002-07-02
Lexington, KY
reply to Zig
I'm in Lex also and my non multi-room dvd did the same. Wiped clean. On the plus side on demand has alot more HD programs than before.

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
reply to Zig

Re: [DVR] All of my multi-room series were deleted Lexington, KY

And this is why I'm copying everything on my DVR via my DVD Recorder.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
what is the current software version of iGuide after this update? 79.41?

Zig

join:2008-11-20
Lexington, KY
Mine shows 79.66 for the multi-room.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
said by Zig:

Mine shows 79.66 for the multi-room.

seems TWC looks to offer StartOver/Lookback on the Multiroom DVR boxes soon in Insight Territory! I am betting that the motorola mobility licensed version of iGuide was dumped for this version made by Rovi with cooperation with TWC as it has features that were designed for TWC (Startover/Lookback caller id on tv). which meant all recordings were wiped clean.

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH
My non-MRDVR is on 78.58 - A28.0-6.r-2 on a DCX3400

YogiYahooeys

join:2004-08-17
Evansville, IN
reply to OSUGoose
said by OSUGoose:

And this is why I'm copying everything on my DVR via my DVD Recorder.

I'm surprised you can dub anything to your DVD Recorder anymore. TWC implemented CCI flags on almost every channel in the Evv market almost a year ago.

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH
I get the occasional Copy Protected Flag, like on CNBC HD (why I do not know).