All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
TheKrell
join:2003-12-07
Fairfax, VA

TheKrell

A la carte will never happen without a bill like this!

Kudos to John McCain! The maverick is back actually taking our side for a change.

Don't let the lying bastard channel providers fool you. There is one reason, and one reason only, that they bundle there channels full of garbage with one or two decent programs. They get more money that way. If they would get more money with a la carte options, then that's what we would have. Anybody who agrees with the "a la carte will cost more" crowd is either a fool or a liar. That's IMNSHO of course.

skuv
@rr.com

skuv

Anon

Yeah! And why stop here?! The government should force ALL companies to sell specific products!

Don't want the iPhone 3GS to be gone yet? Just get a bill through Congress and force Apple to keep selling it!

Why did the government let GM kill Pontiac? Make them sell that line again!

I should also be able to get whatever cable modem speed I want, not just the ones they want me to have! I want 4.75mbit up and 23.4mbit down! And I want it mandated by the government now!

Sarick
It's Only Logical
Premium Member
join:2003-06-03
USA

Sarick

Premium Member

This bill is about stopping companies from force feeding the market with bundled stuff.

It's more or less letting the customer choose to "TRIM THE FAT" so they don't need to eat all the crap broadcasters put on their dishes. You know the fat isn't free it cost money so why should we pay for it when we don't want it?

Your comment is backwards thinking. The bill isn't about forcing broadcasters to sell stuff people want. It's about blocking broadcasters from selling us stuff we DON'T want.