This is a sub-selection from Pulling a 180

fatpipe
join:2011-10-02
Austin, TX

fatpipe to InvalidError

to InvalidError

Re: Pulling a 180

said by InvalidError See Profile
Most people still do not *need* anywhere near that much speed but that does not stop them from *wanting* it.

Kindly do not tell me what I need in terms of bandwidth. If you are satisfied with your pipe by all means have at it.

If I want the fatter pipe that Google Fiber will offer, then I should be able to acquire it. I do not have to justify my actions to you or anyone else, nor do I have to subscribe to your arguments.

I state again, when it comes to one's own data pipe, live and let live already!
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

3 recommendations

elray

said by fatpipe:

Kindly do not tell me what I need in terms of bandwidth. If you are satisfied with your pipe by all means have at it.

If I want the fatter pipe that Google Fiber will offer, then I should be able to acquire it. I do not have to justify my actions to you or anyone else, nor do I have to subscribe to your arguments.

Yes, indeed, you should, providing you're willing to pay the market rate that induces Google, AT&T, or an overbuilder to take the risk and provide it.

Meanwhile, kindly, do not tell me what size pipe you "need" and expect the taxpayers to subsidize it in any form.
steevo22
join:2002-10-17
Fullerton, CA

steevo22 to fatpipe

to fatpipe
Pipe? Isn't it a series of tubes? I am sure you must mean tubes, right?
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

1 recommendation

openbox9 to fatpipe

Premium Member

to fatpipe
said by fatpipe:

do not tell me what I need

If I want

You just conflated need and want, which is eactly what InvalidError See Profile was questioning.
coach47
join:2004-09-02
Charleston, SC

coach47 to steevo22

to steevo22
Thanx for the levity Steevo!
Bengie25
join:2010-04-22
Wisconsin Rapids, WI

Bengie25 to elray

to elray
said by elray:

said by fatpipe:

Yes, indeed, you should, providing you're willing to pay the market rate that induces Google, AT&T, or an overbuilder to take the risk and provide it.

Meanwhile, kindly, do not tell me what size pipe you "need" and expect the taxpayers to subsidize it in any form.

Kind of like how tax payers subsidize education and police? Investment into faster Internet is like investing into roads and rails. It benefits all more than its cost to call.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ

batterup

Premium Member

said by Bengie25:

Kind of like how tax payers subsidize education and police? Investment into faster Internet is like investing into roads and rails. It benefits all more than its cost to call

You are not seriously comparing roads to broadband are you? If so those who use the roads for commerce pay way more in road use taxes than a recreational user. If Apple and M$ want to sell subscriptions to their crap let them build it. Google the evile one is doing just that.

You argument has been proven false. Verizon built it, FiOS, and they didn't come. Those who have 50/50 FiOS use it for fun and games. You must not pay taxes. Did you notice the US is a financial pinch?

You all drank the kool-aid poured by MCI and parroted by this supposed forum now Ma Bell is dead any yet the people cry.

All you Apple fan-boys; get them to pay the $25 billion they are hiding off shore and build an iTune pipe; of course it will be opened to all leeches and below cost.
« National infrastructure
This is a sub-selection from Pulling a 180