uniqs
share rss forum feed

billydunwood

join:2008-04-23
united state
kudos:2

1 recommendation

Sellers that lie about shipping method

First I will say, I like Ebay. This is a rant about sellers who lie about the way they ship their items. I bought an item last week which specifically stated via USPS Priority Mail. It came by First Class Mail. What's the big deal? Extra 1 to 2 days, and I am paying for Priority but getting First Class, so the seller pockets the difference. It's not good customer service and it is border line fraud.
--
No Victim=No Crime

Mr Neutron
Ceaseless, Tasteless, and Gormless
Premium
join:2005-05-30
Gorham, ME
Did you try contacting them to ask why they shipped First Class?

If they were shipping a bunch of stuff at once, they may have overlooked the fact that they were supposed to ship your item Priority. I can't say for sure, but shooting them a note might yield an explanation.

billydunwood

united state
said by Mr Neutron:

If they were shipping a bunch of stuff at once, they may have overlooked the fact that they were supposed to ship your item Priority. I can't say for sure, but shooting them a note might yield an explanation.

I did, and they offered to refund the difference. However, they have to personally go in the auction and set "priority mail" or "first class mail" so they can't say they didnt know. Also, if they get 1 customer a day on this, that could be 10% more profit.
--
No Victim=No Crime

H_T_R_N
Premium
join:2011-12-06
Valencia, PA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·voip.ms
said by billydunwood:

said by Mr Neutron:

I did, and they offered to refund the difference. However, they have to personally go in the auction and set "priority mail" or "first class mail" so they can't say they didnt know. Also, if they get 1 customer a day on this, that could be 10% more profit.

Unless they use a smartphone app and list it using ebay's help. It sets the shipping to the average size weight and type. I know during a mass load of items, the shipping that ebay configured for me was WAYYYYY Low for the item. That and having rotational speeds listed for the SSDs I was listing. I get more email about that then anything. I've been called an idiot because the mandatory listing requirements, state I must use the product info provided by ebay, even if its wrong or risk having my listing pulled. It is the job of all sellers to inform them of mistakes and subject corrections. Sort of wiki-ebay. I am much more careful about going over my listings now.

It really could have been an honest mistake.
--
Hey retard, a Low Frequency Effects Channel is a subwoofer.

Guess who?

billydunwood

united state
said by H_T_R_N:

said by billydunwood:

said by Mr Neutron:

Unless they use a smartphone app and list it using ebay's help. It sets the shipping to the average size weight and type. I know during a mass load of items, the shipping that ebay configured for me was WAYYYYY Low for the item. That and having rotational speeds listed for the SSDs I was listing. I get more email about that then anything. I've been called an idiot because the mandatory listing requirements, state I must use the product info provided by ebay, even if its wrong or risk having my listing pulled. It is the job of all sellers to inform them of mistakes and subject corrections. Sort of wiki-ebay. I am much more careful about going over my listings now.

It really could have been an honest mistake.

I understand it could be a mistake, and I never leave a neutral or negative IF I am the only one or if they refund. However, I can tell when sellers do it on purpose, when their feedback says, "shipped it a different way" etc. It usually isn't a big deal because it amounts to 1 extra day and $3 or so, but some items the difference between media/parcel post and priority could be major(7 days and $30 or so).
--
No Victim=No Crime

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
reply to billydunwood
said by billydunwood:

...and they offered to refund the difference. However, they have to personally go in the auction and set "priority mail" or "first class mail" so they can't say they didnt know. Also, if they get 1 customer a day on this, that could be 10% more profit.

Certainly can't say this definitively but in many cases, first-class mail can be just as fast. For example, first-class mail from California to Ohio takes 1-2 days. I think that's just luck with that particular "route" with USPS.

On the other hand, the seller may do this on purpose and 90% of the time, no one says anything ... and as you say, pockets the add'l money.

Shipping charges have always been a bad part with eBay and sellers, from sellers claiming that insurance or shipping claims is the buyer's responsibility to excessive rates set by sellers. I could never grasp why a buyer thought they were getting a "deal" on an item when the freight charge makes it higher than they may be able to buy new in stores. I tend to look at Buy-It-Now listings before auctions and I never consider the item to be a great buy at $0.99 and ignore the $12.95 shipping cost. Some clearly do though.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

4 edits
reply to billydunwood
said by billydunwood:

said by Mr Neutron:

I can tell you never SOLD anything.....

But EBAY pockets the extra 10%..

said by billydunwood:

First I will say, I like Ebay. This is a rant about sellers who lie about the way they ship their items. I bought an item last week which specifically stated via USPS Priority Mail. It came by First Class Mail. What's the big deal? Extra 1 to 2 days, and I am paying for Priority but getting First Class, so the seller pockets the difference. It's not good customer service and it is border line fraud.

sometimes i do this when under estimated shipping. no way I going to pay outrageous rates USPS has.

Plus ebay has a "ebay shipping tax"
on the shipping now of 10%
also the fees have been raised to 11% also.

you failed to realize it.

I'm sure I must be doing things right to get these ratings

Shipping time 4.8 Ratings 38
Shipping and handling charges 5.0 Ratings 37

said by H_T_R_N See Profile

Unless they use a smartphone app and list it using ebay's help. It sets the shipping to the average size weight and type. I know during a mass load of items, the shipping that ebay configured for me was WAYYYYY Low for the item. That and having rotational speeds listed for the SSDs I was listing. I get more email about that then anything.

It really could have been an honest mistake. [/BQUOTE :

just put 0 rpm

billydunwood

united state

1 recommendation

said by Anonymous_:

said by billydunwood:

said by Mr Neutron:

I can tell you never SOLD anything.....

But EBAY pockets the extra 10%..

said by billydunwood:

sometimes i do this when under estimated shipping. no way I going to pay outrageous rates USPS has.

Plus ebay has a "ebay shipping tax"
on the shipping now of 10%
also the fees have been raised to 11% also.

you failed to realize it.

I'm sure I must be doing things right to get these ratings

Shipping time 4.8 Ratings 38
Shipping and handling charges 5.0 Ratings 37

said by H_T_R_N See Profile

Unless they use a smartphone app and list it using ebay's help. It sets the shipping to the average size weight and type. I know during a mass load of items, the shipping that ebay configured for me was WAYYYYY Low for the item. That and having rotational speeds listed for the SSDs I was listing. I get more email about that then anything.

It really could have been an honest mistake. [/BQUOTE :

just put 0 rpm

If sellers put "priority" or "express mail" they need to ship it that way. If you dont like the "ebay shipping tax" and their 11% fee, don't sell on ebay.
And why the hell would I care about your ratings? If you feel the need to brag about your ratings on here, that's quite sad. I have sold plenty of things on ebay, and never once have I(or ever will) ship a different method than the one the consumer PAYS FOR
--
No Victim=No Crime

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by billydunwood:

yes but if your selling a 5$ with free shipping and put priority mail accidentally . You are going to lose money.
when it should have been first class. you must like losing money?

I use "Economy Shipping" on all my items but may ship them by something else such as UPS ground or priority mail or parcel post. All depends on the location and cost.

Large over sized items ship by parcel post. 100% of the time..

billydunwood

united state

1 recommendation

said by Anonymous_:

said by billydunwood:

yes but if your selling a 5$ with free shipping and put priority mail accidentally . You are going to lose money.

I use "Economy Shipping" on all my items but may ship them by something else such as UPS ground or priority mail or parcel post. All depends on the location and cost.

So the buyer should have to suffer for the seller's mistake?
--
No Victim=No Crime

billydunwood

united state
didn't think you would want to answer that. hahaha
--
No Victim=No Crime

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to billydunwood
said by billydunwood:

said by Anonymous_:

said by billydunwood:

So the buyer should have to suffer for the seller's mistake?

To bad.
--
Live Free or Die Hard...

billydunwood

united state
said by Anonymous_:

To bad.

That basically sums it up. You think that the buyer should pay for the seller's mistake. What a smart person you are. I hope I never buy something from you
--
No Victim=No Crime

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
said by billydunwood:

said by Anonymous_:

To bad.

That basically sums it up. You think that the buyer should pay for the seller's mistake. What a smart person you are. I hope I never buy something from you

I forgot about that sales can be canceled that is another option.

really no come back on that.

billydunwood

united state
said by Anonymous_:

said by billydunwood:

said by Anonymous_:

To bad.

I forgot about that sales can be canceled that is another option.

really no come back on that.

There sure is and here it is: The seller could still be liable in court, because the auction is a contract. Once the buyer buys the item(s), it is a binding contract "per ebay terms and conditions". Seller cant just cancel every sale he would lose money on, it is a binding contract. Nice try.
--
No Victim=No Crime

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium

legally A contract can be canceled with in 3 days, as per state law.

judge will LOL at you and will be dismissed.

Just like a bank can cancel your car loan if they chose to do so even if you were approved before

billydunwood

united state
said by Anonymous_:

Just like a bank can cancel your car loan if they chose to do so even if you were approved before

you are completely wrong. Its a binding contract, once you are on Ebay. You agree to the terms and conditions, and in that is saying it is a binding contract.

A bank ADDS to their own contract a clause that states that says they CAN cancel your loan. Ebay doesnt have that. Again, nice try.
--
No Victim=No Crime

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by billydunwood:

said by Anonymous_:

you are completely wrong. Its a binding contract, once you are on Ebay. You agree to the terms and conditions, and in that is saying it is a binding contract.

A bank ADDS to their own contract a clause that states that says they CAN cancel your loan. Ebay doesnt have that. Again, nice try.

see you on judge judy or any other TV court show
--
Live Free or Die Hard...

billydunwood

united state
said by Anonymous_:

said by billydunwood:

said by Anonymous_:

see you on judge judy or any other TV court show

That's what I thought. No evidence to back up what your saying. Looks like Judge Judy will be ruling in my favor, as she already has on an Ebay case similar. hahahahah
--
No Victim=No Crime

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

4 edits
said by billydunwood:

That's what I thought. No evidence to back up what your saying. Looks like Judge Judy will be ruling in my favor, as she already has on an Ebay case similar. hahahahah

no that was a photo of a cell phone

plus about the shipping 10% mark up

IT COST MONEY for shipping supplys

Bubble wrap is not free
Boxes are not free
GAS is not free
Car insurance is not free

Just a round trip to the post office is $4.50

I'm not a penny pincher like that seller your talking about today I \shipped a item via priority mail it was only 1$ more

billydunwood

united state
said by Anonymous_:

said by billydunwood:

no that was a photo of a cell phone

plus about the shipping 10% mark up

IT COST MONEY for shipping supplys

Bubble wrap is not free
Boxes are not free
GAS is not free
Car insurance is not free

Just a round trip to the post office is $4.50

I'm not a penny pincher like that seller your talking about today I \shipped a item via priority mail it was only 1$ more

IF ITS NOT FREE, INCLUDE THE COST IN THE SHIPPING/AUCTION PRICE. Dont advertise one shipping method and ship another. Its simple
--
No Victim=No Crime

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
10% mark up

billydunwood

united state
said by Anonymous_:

10% mark up

include it in the price. You don't seem to understand. Buyers don't pay for seller's mistake. If you mistakenly listed Priority Mail, SHIP IT. If you want to try and cancel it because of YOUR mistake after the fact, it will earn you 1 strike on your Ebay account and you can be held liable in court because it is a binding contract. Just read Ebay's terms about it.
--
No Victim=No Crime

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by billydunwood:

said by Anonymous_:

10% mark up

include it in the price. You don't seem to understand. Buyers don't pay for seller's mistake. If you mistakenly listed Priority Mail, SHIP IT. If you want to try and cancel it because of YOUR mistake after the fact, it will earn you 1 strike on your Ebay account and you can be held liable in court because it is a binding contract. Just read Ebay's terms about it.

I do, 6.99 shipping charged 5.95 cost to ship it.
--
Live Free or Die Hard...

billydunwood

united state
said by Anonymous_:

said by billydunwood:

said by Anonymous_:

10% mark up

I do, 6.99 shipping charged 5.95 cost to ship it.

Great, that's fine if you ship it the way you advertise. My original topic was for sellers who do NOT ship it the way they advertise.
--
No Victim=No Crime

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by billydunwood:

Great, that's fine if you ship it the way you advertise. My original topic was for sellers who do NOT ship it the way they advertise.

I did not ship it the way I advertised I had it for economy shipping
but shipped it by something faster
--
Live Free or Die Hard...

billydunwood

united state
said by Anonymous_:

said by billydunwood:

I did not ship it the way I advertised I had it for economy shipping
but shipped it by something faster

I guess that's fine. What I was talking about is the sellers who advertise for example FedEx Ground, and ship Parcel Post. There is an obvious $ difference, and they do it to pocket the cash.
--
No Victim=No Crime

NoFedEX

join:2013-06-07

FedEX agents in Phillipines lie and cheat !

Please note that in countries like Philippines FedEX use a local agent, and does so enormous problems, especially with the fact that your packet may cost extra!!!

!! to put the customer into account double price as expected is a usual practice in FedEX Philippines, by the way:

it's not real FedEX, - but just a fake, with a local agent, that just using their permit to operate as a fedex...

JustBurnt

@rr.com
reply to billydunwood

Re: Sellers that lie about shipping method

Unless you are talking about a small envelope First Class IS Priority.

billydunwood

united state
said by JustBurnt :

Unless you are talking about a small envelope First Class IS Priority.

No it is not. First Class and Priority are 2 different methods. Go to www.usps.com and show me where it says they are both priority
--
No Victim=No Crime