Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

2 recommendations

reply to PX Eliezer
said by PX Eliezer:

said by Secyurityet:

My workstations use MSE for Win7 and Malwarebytes in tandem, both running live.

Malwarebytes is not a full AV scanner in the classic sense, more of a anti-malware/anti-spyware.

AFAIK no one has ever indicated a problem running Malwarebytes live along with a live AV.

Not entirely true.
I use Malwarebytes Pro in conjunction with NIS.
You should have a little visit to the Norton forums and check out:
Warning NIS 20.3.0.36 NOT compatible with Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes possible conflict?
It is interesting and important to note, that this issue only occurs with Symantecs troublesome 2013 (20.x) release. It does NOT affect the 2012 release (19.x). Until they sort out that issue I will not be upgrading to 2013. They are in talks with Malwarebytes on how to properly provide a solution which will benefit both Malwarebytes Pro and Norton customers.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

PX Eliezer
Premium
join:2013-03-10
Graustark
kudos:7
Reviews:
·Optimum Voice
·callwithus
·Callcentric
Thanks for the info.

I hardly ever think of Norton/Symantec for over 10 years now, so I missed that.

Reading those Norton forum posts, it sounds more like a bad attitude from Norton than a true conflict....

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX
reply to SunnyFL
I'm currently using norton 360 on my win7 machine, but I'm looking for something better.
Expand your moderator at work

DarkSithPro

join:2005-02-12
Tempe, AZ
kudos:2
reply to SunnyFL

Re: ** 2013 Anti Virus Poll **

After reading and participating in the security forums for almost a decade I can honestly say Anti-Virus alone is "useless". I use MSE because it's free and provided by MS. I don't count on it to protect me at all, you'd have to be a fool to believe it will. After all the best way to protect yourself is to be proactive, by updating your OS bugs and using more secure 3rd party browsers and some not so common common sense. In the end nothing is 100%. There's always the chance of a zero day exploit. However if you're smart enough you can avoid infections.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
reply to SunnyFL
Question:

Does this include free and paid software, and if not, where is the free app poll?
--
* seek help if having trouble coping
--Standard disclaimers apply.--

SunnyFL
Premium
join:2001-02-08
said by AVD:

Question:

Does this include free and paid software, and if not, where is the free app poll?

These are Anti-Virus Brands both free and paid.

You have the option of posting the suite you use from a particular Anti-Virus product whether free or paid.

This poll is designed to give other users your feedback on AV software.

Feedback given in this poll/thread help others, the pros & con's. (your personal experience welcomed here)

Again, Kudos everyone on all the excellent feedback. Everyone has made this poll full of useful information. A++