uniqs
share rss forum feed

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

The Blaze next week in SD and HD

Effective Wednesday, May 22, 2013, Cablevision will launch The Blaze in Connecticut. The Blaze is a unique destination for news, information and entertainment programs created to engage, enlighten and empower. The exclusive provider of Glenn Beck's daily television broadcast, The Blaze also offers a full slate of thought provoking original news and opinion shows, as well as family-friendly programming, documentaries and original specials. The Blaze will launch on channel 157 in standard definition and 828 in high definition throughout Connecticut.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

»Glenn Beck Announes "The Blaze" Coming by end of MAY

Ilsno

@cogentco.com
reply to dm145

Does anyone know why channel 157 won't be in HD? I never venture into the 800s.

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28

said by Ilsno :

Does anyone know why channel 157 won't be in HD? I never venture into the 800s.

If you are using a HD box, it will automatically map to the HD channel.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to mbernste

That thread was locked due to off topic posts

This one answers channel locations and that it will be carried in HD

DownTheShore
Russia Lies, Ukraine Dies
Premium
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:13
reply to dm145

I'd rather have another Spanish-language station....

gambitNJ

join:2012-11-15
Boonton, NJ

Yeah, just what we need.. Another foreign language channel... Fock that....

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
Piscataway, NJ

1 edit
reply to dm145

said by dm145:

That thread was locked due to off topic posts

And as you see, so has this one. There was no need for a second post about this channel. People can very easily look up the channel themselves if they are so inclined to watch this channel. This second topic posting was simply passive-aggressive trolling regarding a channel that most people in the deep blue NYC Metro area do not care about.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
reply to dm145

Live in NJ

DownTheShore
Russia Lies, Ukraine Dies
Premium
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

1 recommendation

reply to gambitNJ

said by gambitNJ:

Yeah, just what we need.. Another foreign language channel... Fock that....

I was being facetious...

More foreign language channels are usually the last thing people want, so if I'd prefer another Spanish language channel to The Blaze...well, you can fill in the blank.

optimumtv

@myvzw.com
reply to dm145

No blaze on long island yet???? Are we getting it?

dm145

Clifton, NJ

said by optimumtv :

No blaze on long island yet???? Are we getting it?

Yes
Typical three day rollout
NJ, CT then NY

not sure why it takes three days to rollout a channel but oh well

bcronin
Premium
join:2004-03-27
Hyde Park, NY

Its live in the MHV, fwiw. Poughkeepsie area.
--
bc

Jmartz

join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ
reply to dm145

I saw it this morning on the Tivo guide. Just another useless channel.

Wonder if we can get EPIX or HDNet. I'd love to see them add the west coast versions of all the premium channels too (in SD and HD). FIOS has it. Pretty nice to be able to time shift without needing to fill up the DVR.

manshow

join:2013-01-23
Washington, DC

said by Jmartz:

I saw it this morning on the Tivo guide. Just another useless channel.

Wonder if we can get EPIX or HDNet. I'd love to see them add the west coast versions of all the premium channels too (in SD and HD). FIOS has it. Pretty nice to be able to time shift without needing to fill up the DVR.

West coast versions of premium channels are waste of bandwith considering there is DVR and these same movies play multiple times in any given month why do u think Comcast mde the smart decision to drop west coast channels long time ago.waste thatnfios has it just to inflate their hd channelmcount without actually giving more content.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
Piscataway, NJ

said by manshow:

West coast versions of premium channels are waste of bandwith

I disagree. Often there is something on HBO or on e of the other premium channels that I want to record that night but I can't because I have two other recordings at the same time. With the west coast feed I can record it that same night, just a few hours later to watch the next day. One could argue that I can watch it the next day via HBO Go but first of all not all premiums have an HBO Go equivalent, secondly I want to watch it on my big TV, not my laptop or tablet.

ilsno

@optonline.net
reply to manshow

Actually its the channels like Starz Cinema, Showtime Beyond, Showtime Women, etc that are not carried in HD for some reason. Cablevision seems to have slowed its roll out of HD content in the last year or two. Why is Headline News still in SD only? The Sundance Channel is another perplexing channel not carried in HD.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

1 recommendation

In the past year, al areas went from 4 to 8 downstream channels, and DVR+ rollout completed across the rest of the footprint, conversion of premium SDV channels to regular linear channels (with some HD channels included). We got HBO/Max Go, Showtime Anytime, WatchESPN, NFL Network/Redzone & App. Additional HD channels generally seem to happen when contracts are renewed, so maybe the next time around.