spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

blaubon

join:2012-09-01

HughesNet Free Zone Weekend

Wouldn't it be nice if HughesNet had Free Zone Downloads offered on one weekend a month? Go from say 2am Saturday to 8am Monday. What would this cost HughesNet? Well with ALL the gb's they take from those that don't use them at the end of every month, they could do this, in my OPINION, without even blinking an eye...

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
hmm just think of all the congestion backing up... I disagree with this.. I'v been having congestion issues for the past week or so off and on, everythings fine on my end.. its the NOC end, as said before everytime i call in and askk if they are doing maintenance to my beam or anything that may interupt and the answer still remains yes.

and for the record my web accelerator is STILL off.. its the only way the connection is stable.
--
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired switch/ wireless D-Link router with password

Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying or has a good reason for how much it's worth.

C0RR0SIVE88

@direcway.com
I doubt the satellite is congested what so ever, the thing we have to remember, you can only have so much throughput to any of the numerous NOC's before some massive changes need to happen somewhere else at another company. I can see it now, all 600,000+ subscribers going through how many ground stations that Hughesnet has? That's a lot of people, at high speeds, at one time, yea, the ground stations won't keep up, even if the satellite can. That's why so many beams are constantly going under maintenance, they are trying to upgrade the NOC for that beam so it can provide a little more bandwidth.

chip89
Premium
join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH
reply to blaubon
It's is possible for them to for them do it one weekend a month they could even do free weekends every week like sprint has been doing for a very long time!

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
said by chip89:

It's is possible for them to for them do it one weekend a month they could even do free weekends every week like sprint has been doing for a very long time!

good point chip but thats mobile via phone service, this is satellite.. Satellite pulls harder and more. Sat: covers entire country... Mobile by phone covers mainly locally. Besides the caps are alot smaller than a "20GB" and i know right now that it costs a fortune to make 20GB for yourself every month.. Verizon has just small "95MB" caps every month so I know for a fact right now without even being a sprint user that they also must charge up the a$$.

But good thinking though, its always good to throw some ideas out and see what happens.. For all i know, nothing may actually happen, congestion might be under control during the weekends while we get an entire weekend every weekend unlimited.

TIP; you don't know UNTILL you try it and see what happens.
--
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired switch/ wireless D-Link router with password

Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying or has a good reason for how much it's worth.

waytim

join:2011-12-01
Sterling, MI
reply to blaubon
Did they listen to you?! My meter has stayed blue (bonus bytes) for 2 days now, without using anytime data whatsoever.