how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Crispin

join:2003-06-04
Fairfield, OH

IPTV multicast.. bridge mode or no

I saw some users here know a thing or two about the ZTE router Cincy Bell uses for their FTTP installs. Mine was just installed this week but they put the ZTE router upstream of my brand new Asus RT-N56 router. I've assigned my router a static IP in the ZTE GUI, put it on the DMZ and all incoming port forwarding is working as it should.

But I also have their IPTV service and I'd like to extend it to my Asus router's network if possible. It looks like multicast is being stripped when coming into the Asus router and I'd like to know if anyone's gotten a setup like this working together. Do I just forward IGMP somehow? I saw a suggestion to put the ZTE router in bridge mode, which would simplify things, but I'm also using the MOCA connection for some of my set top boxes and I'm not sure this will interfere. Any ideas out there?

Crispin

join:2003-06-04
Fairfield, OH
So I figured out how to allow the multicast packets in through the RT-N56. I had to enable static routes and multicast routing for the LAN.

Is there a listing of the different RTP streams that are accessible? And does Cincinnati Bell plan on opening up the rest of the streams to other devices? Because that would be amazing to be able to use XBMC or Windows Media Center as a DVR.

CVGNet

join:2012-04-10
Cincinnati, OH

xur17

join:2003-03-26
Cincinnati, OH
I have FTTH, which doesn't use IPTV. Are these still supported?

Also, if someone doesn't purchase TV (if they get internet only), do these still work?

CVGNet

join:2012-04-10
Cincinnati, OH
The old style FTTH doesn't have these streams available but the new style FTTH with ZTE STBs does.