spc
uniqs
w5nl0
join:2011-11-13

2 edits

w5nl0 to Wartrace

to Wartrace

Re: First day on Sprint 4g LTE in "fair area"

I'm on Millenicom. Was a trucker until a recent mri put a halt to all that. Bought the Sierra 803s while still out on the road. My tower is 3 miles from me and the 803s is in a tower facing window. 80% signal. This is a VERY rural area and this tower went 4G(LTE) 2 months ago. When it first lit up i was seeing ~25mbps down and ~10 up. Now........
w5nl0

w5nl0

Also. Which friggin external antenna do I get for this 803s and what's with the 2 antenna ports???? Internet not too clear on the dual ports. Neither is the manual.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

use the port to the left of the power input, any 1900 MHz antenna will work ... including dual-band magnetic
Wartrace
join:2009-03-07
Wartrace, TN

Wartrace to w5nl0

to w5nl0
I would love to see 12mb/s ! Personally having been on Verizon 3g for the past three years I am THRILLED to see 5mb/s and if thats all I can get I am happy. Things seem to stream ok at that speed. I am about 7 miles from my nearest tower. I just have to reslove the frequent disconnects though....
Max Signal
Premium Member
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY

Max Signal

Premium Member

Just curious . Do you have any microwave towers in your area ? They can cause the disconnects you are describing . Solution then is to go with directional antenna . Aim at a tower that does not cross microwave tower path . Just thinking outside the box , Hope you get all issues resolved.