uniqs

DCELL
CC/Nature Coast
join:2010-06-17
Inglis, FL

DCELL to telijah

to telijah

Re: [Off-Topic] General conversation for the BHN users

I set ours up at home too. Awesome signal footprint. I moved it up to our property in south Levy Co., works great there too-though it's using a Dish Network ISP signal. My phone will NOT stay connected to it, it defaults to one of the other two WiFi's I have here. Everything else works great with it-stays connected to it, including my wife's S4. Weird. EDIT: spelling errors, and-it pushes a signal through a bunch of trees, metal storage shed, I can pick it up a couple blocks away through heavy brush.

telijah
Premium Member
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

Good to hear. I tested it in my small apartment, and had full wifi signal throughout. I stepped onto the balcony, still full signal. I went downstairs to my car, and still full signal. Pretty sure my buddy is gonna be real happy once we run this thing to the tiki bar.

SparkyinCFL

MVM
join:2008-12-21
Saint Cloud, FL

SparkyinCFL

MVM

Hope you get it installed this weekend ... then you'll have free beer all weekend!

telijah
Premium Member
Brandon, FL

1 recommendation

telijah

Premium Member

Considering the device and cat6 cost me ~100, and since I am a regular at their place, I offered him to pay me in credit, so he will be throwing me a $150 card for the place Win win

DCELL
CC/Nature Coast
Inglis, FL

DCELL

Today I fishtaped a 25' piece of cat6, already made up from Lowes, from the source to the 202. Before, I had run some cat5E from source to the unit, and crimped the connectors myself. Big difference-and my phone hasn't dropped it yet. Did I mention I suck at crimping connectors? I bet all my fellow rednecks are wondering who the hell is EnGenius1, and what their password is...
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
LOL!!!! Don't worry about your mad crimping skilz...just get a decent tester and if it passes you are golden.

SparkyinCFL

MVM
join:2008-12-21
Saint Cloud, FL

SparkyinCFL to Milkman0

MVM

to Milkman0
Gary, Pixi ... patiently waiting for the posting of the weekend menu to know if I'm driving east or west.

I guess I could head for the Tiki bar and maybe ride on a gift certificate!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
LOL -

For Monday I am having a gourmet burger bar. You name it, it will be there and I do mean everything with my homemade potato salad, fresh fruit, onion rings/fries, deviled eggs (from the ladies "hens" no less) and warm brownies a la Gary (warm walnut brownies topped with vanilla ice cream, raspberries and drizzled with chocolate and raspberry sauces)

B4Knight
Premium Member
join:2014-03-20
Colon, MI

B4Knight

Premium Member

It isn't even Labor Day and you're already talking about what you are going to have... Sigh.....
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
Hey I have to plan in advance...doing the shopping for everyone tomorrow and this is late for me...my typical grub fests take a month or more of planning. My annual Christmas event is something I plan for months in advance (menu, theme, you name it...and all the cooking) with invites going out in October so it doesn't conflict with any other dates. When I say cooking I'm talking about some serious food...no finger food...you eat and drink like kings/queens at the Christmas event.

B4Knight
Premium Member
Colon, MI

B4Knight

Premium Member

I will sneak in as the nights entertainment
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by B4Knight:

I will sneak in as the nights entertainment

LOL be careful....they can get a bit wild....

B4Knight
Premium Member
Colon, MI

B4Knight

Premium Member

I'll be sure to skip out before that happens... You better watch your food and drinks though.. You might miss them
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
Don't forget the desserts....no skimping there either.

Astyanax
Premium Member
join:2002-11-14
Melbourne, FL

Astyanax to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
Are they doing the MDA Labor Day Telethon this year? I think they booted Jerry out a few years ago though.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
Yes but they are calling it something else....I saw an ad for it today and had to think about the name a couple of times before it clicked....

geo44
join:2013-03-20
Saint Petersburg, FL

geo44 to Milkman0

to Milkman0
So looks like Home Depot is the latest victim of cyber crime.
This makes me wonder what security precautions does the IT dept. take?

Maybe there should be a required semester in college on security measures
for any computer type degrees, if they dont do that already.

Very disconcerting to know that some scum may be in possession of my credit card info.

B4Knight
Premium Member
Colon, MI

1 edit

B4Knight

Premium Member

It's been said that consumer security across the board is weak, especially within retail companies.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to geo44

Premium Member

to geo44
said by geo44:

So looks like Home Depot is the latest victim of cyber crime.
This makes me wonder what security precautions does the IT dept. take?

Maybe there should be a required semester in college on security measures
for any computer type degrees, if they dont do that already.

Very disconcerting to know that some scum may be in possession of my credit card info.

Yup I saw that....not at all happy.

Guide_Tim
join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA

Guide_Tim

Garyyyyy I been restless lately. Can we get some modem firmware updates or maybe some more bonded channels or a speed bump or something. I wanna get excited about something
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

LOL hmmmm....this is traditionally lul time...but Oct/Nov....you just never know what might happen....

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97

Premium Member

said by BHNtechXpert:

LOL hmmmm....this is traditionally lul time...but Oct/Nov....you just never know what might happen....

That's when my DirecTV contract is up. I could be swayed away depending on what BHN has going on at the time.

Although, I am not sure I could survive without Sunday Ticket and it appears DirecTV is going to be locking up Sunday Ticket with the NFL for many years to come due to the new deal currently in the works...
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by John97:

Although, I am not sure I could survive without Sunday Ticket and it appears DirecTV is going to be locking up Sunday Ticket with the NFL for many years to come due to the new deal currently in the works...

Not only will you survive but you will be better and healthier for it....

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97

Premium Member

said by BHNtechXpert:

Not only will you survive but you will be better and healthier for it....

That is most certainly incorrect. Sunday ticket doesn't cover preseason games, and I had to overcome great difficulties in that regard.

DCELL
CC/Nature Coast
Inglis, FL

DCELL to John97

to John97
said by John97:

I first went to DirecTV several years ago when BH didn't have NFL Network, and for Sunday Ticket. That was when the Thursday games/games on NFL Network were becoming more regular. Came back to BH for video a couple years ago. Now I have an excuse to go to Winghouse if there's a game I want to see, and can't on BH.

telijah
Premium Member
Brandon, FL

telijah to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Yup I saw that....not at all happy.

Whats weird is HD is one of our clients, and I work with them regularly, and they DO have heavy security requirements, at least when bringing up/changing connections to us. I am not sure where the attack took place, but gien the strict security requirements they have with us, I canont imagine they do anything less on where the information is being stored/stolen from, and it doesn't seem to have been stated how the breach may have happened.

geo44
Saint Petersburg, FL

geo44 to Milkman0

to Milkman0
So after using the actiontec power-line Ethernet adapters for
a while. they are starting to degrade. No longer getting full speed like before.
and it intermittently disconnects. Some searches reveal that others are having same
problems.

Any suggestions for non actiontec power-line Ethernet adapters? Are the netgear ones any good?

B4Knight
Premium Member
Colon, MI

B4Knight

Premium Member

I've heard that the Trendnet ones are pretty good. Give Amazon and Newegg a look
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
I personally prefer the Netgear.... I tested both AT and Trend and disliked them both in the worst of ways.

geo44
Saint Petersburg, FL

geo44

said by BHNtechXpert:

I personally prefer the Netgear.... I tested both AT and Trend and disliked them both in the worst of ways.

Good enough endorsement for me , Netgear it is.
Plus they are available locally.

Thanks.