BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
Just a heads up....it's that time of the month again...starting in a few minutes will be neck deep in a monthly project so I will pop in/out less frequently until Monday.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97

Premium Member

said by BHNtechXpert:

Just a heads up....it's that time of the month again...starting in a few minutes will be neck deep in a monthly project so I will pop in/out less frequently until Monday.

Just admit it, we all know you're going trick or treating. It's ok, we understand.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by John97:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Just admit it, we all know you're going trick or treating. It's ok, we understand.

LOL I wish.....

telijah
Premium Member
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

I'm handing out sanitary wipes, ya know, because Ebola and stuff
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by telijah:

I'm handing out sanitary wipes, ya know, because Ebola and stuff

LOL
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
Have a spooktacular night guys....waiting here for the gobblins to show up.....
yimitz
join:2012-09-21
Livonia, MI

yimitz

We only had 78 customers tonight. It's cold (37), wet and rainy here so that was likely a factor. The hardy souls we did get were all bundled up pretty good.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
It was nice here in St Pete....still wearing shorts and a polo but by tomorrow morning that is over...pulled the kids (dogs) sweaters out for tomorrow night and will probably make soup and do some indoor baking type stuff. I have 4 dozen home grown eggs I need to start using up. i think we probably had 50 kids tops....
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
My house has the rep for giving "the good candy" so I do probably get more than the others....

John97
Premium Member
Spring Hill, FL

John97

Premium Member

Slow night here, only 15 kids which really surprised me.

We had probably triple that number last year. I was expecting more, because many houses sold in my neighborhood in the past year. Some snowbirds were replaced by year-round residents with families, and pretty much all of the vacant/foreclosed houses have sold too.

As far as i can tell, I think it's because too many houses near me have their lights off. It's not worth walking past 6-8 dark houses to get to me and my neighbor diagonally across the street.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

We had lots of those two....it always baffles me to a degree...this is a close street we all know each other...just make the kids night a fun one and get it over with...its only a few hours and what $15 in candy....I don't understand the mindset that closes everything down....but then again I'm one of the few people that keeps my blinds open until I go to bed each night...where others lock themselves down in their tombs....you can't be aware of whats going on in your neighborhood if you can't see out....and the bad guys are hoping you do just that.

John97
Premium Member
Spring Hill, FL

John97 to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
I hear ya. I live in the middle of a golf course. Lots of older folks, but there are plenty of families with kids in the neighborhood. There is a school bus stop 100 feet from my front door. It's a very nice, quiet neighborhood. I have a few outside lights on timers (because it's just too dark here without them), and four motion-activated floodlights.

My mother-in-law is always locking the deadbolt on the front door and closing the blinds in my dining room at like 7PM every night. I just reopen the blinds, hoping she'll get the message eventually that they don't need to be closed. The main thing anyone would see is my big yellow lab patrolling the place.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
Don't forget to set your clocks back in the morning....our boxes of course by then will have done their part

telijah
Premium Member
Brandon, FL

telijah to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
My apartment predictably got zero customers. It's the first Halloween in my new place, and I honestly thought there would be some kids out as it is a huge apartment complex and I see kids running around all the time. However, I live across the street from a gigantic neighborhood in Brandon, and I assume most families take their kids there for maximum haul. I ended up going to the gf's house, and just watch scary movies as she didn't get any kids there either.

geo44
join:2013-03-20
Saint Petersburg, FL

geo44

This is the first year that none came by my house. Now I have 2 bags of candy to eat ... not a total loss

telijah
Premium Member
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

Unless you're diabetic, then it could be, ya know, a loss of an... appendage...
jwt0001
join:2014-03-28
Ashland, KY

jwt0001 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
I missed one clock: the timer on the coffeemaker! My coffee was ready an hour early this morning...

telijah
Premium Member
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

Well that was handy!

John97
Premium Member
Spring Hill, FL

John97 to jwt0001

Premium Member

to jwt0001
I missed one too, the timer for the outside light on the side of the house.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
I have to adjust all of my programmed lights but not a time issue...just a time that it becomes dark issue. All of my network devices pull time NTP server and self adjust for daylight savings or lack thereof. I had one old school watch (my day to day) Skagen that needed to be adjusted.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
Okay something is wrong... have not heard from Irv in quite some time....might have to give him a call.

telijah
Premium Member
Brandon, FL

telijah to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
New Egg has a sale on this Rosewill Powerline gigabit adapter. No wifi, but can at least provide a decent wired connection to another room. $23 shipped. I've never used Rosewill's network stuff, but the reviews are OK enough to warrant a purchase at this price I'd think.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
Boy do we have some goodies coming your way and soon.... don't even ask because I aint talkin.... But I will tease a bit....

SparkyinCFL

MVM
join:2008-12-21
Saint Cloud, FL

SparkyinCFL

MVM

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
BHN is taking all the left over candy from it's employees and sending it out with their bills.

Pixiloxx
join:2013-08-15
Melbourne, FL

Pixiloxx

said by neonhomer:

BHN is taking all the left over candy from it's employees and sending it out with their bills.

Just don't send it to me, as I did enough diet damage with my Key West trip!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
That is easy to do....

Guide_Tim
join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA