The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0

Re: [Off-Topic] General conversation for the BHN users

Tomorrow I hit the swtich on the light show....looks like I did a good job of mapping things out last year because everything is in order just have the final wire up and then safety check (tied downs, wire bundling and marking and covering of wires that cross the driveway and porch area. Should be a good show which makes the neighbors happy...

geo44
join:2013-03-20
Saint Petersburg, FL

geo44

I bet Clark Griswold wouldn't stand a chance against you.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by geo44:

I bet Clark Griswold wouldn't stand a chance against you.

He might have me beat this year but not next. I have already put in the budget for two more LOR controllers which for this house will give me channel granularity that is just plain stupid lol....the only exception would be if I do a Cosmic Color Ribbon tree in which case I'll need a third controller (and the ribbons which are definately NOT in the budget for next year @ $250 ea x up to 25) But the things you can do with those ribbons is insane....just plain insane....

Here is an example....

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· Oh8hCpEc
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to geo44

Premium Member

to geo44
Here is another good example....

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· H4wL_U0U
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to geo44

Premium Member

to geo44
Here is an example of it all put toegether just perfect....that sequence just to tap out to the music probably took him 4 months with that number of channels....56 channels of dimmers, one LOR Cosmic Color Ribbon (CCR), four LOR Cosmic Color Pixel (CCP) strings, and two LOR Cosmic Color Flood (CCF) lights.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 0lVKVSro

Astyanax
Premium Member
join:2002-11-14
Melbourne, FL
·AT&T FTTP

Astyanax to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Astyanax:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Um about this frying turkeys thing....I'm all for it but please be safe... it IS the leading cause of house fires this time of year lol....

Especially in front of occupied chicken coops.

Well the smell of turkey cooking must have been motivation enough because they produced a bounty of eggs today....

They were probably popping them out like tennis ball machines as they heard the sizzling.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
I am officially baaaack.......is that cake and stale beer I smell?

Guide_Tim
join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA

Guide_Tim

Wecome back You smell cake beer and burning rubber on speed tests weeeeeeeeeee
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Guide_Tim:

Wecome back You smell cake beer and burning rubber on speed tests weeeeeeeeeee

LOL ....

cbs
join:2014-02-11
Melbourne, FL

cbs to Milkman0

to Milkman0
Raise your hand, or finger of your choice, if you shopped at a Radio Shack brick-and-mortar store on Black Friday. I stopped by one a few years ago and they actually had the part that I needed in stock, although the sales associate was clueless about its use. That location has since closed.

A eulogy for RadioShack, the panicked and half-dead retail empire
This may very well be RadioShack's final holiday season. Jon, a former employee, looks back on a strange, craven, five thousand-fingered strip-mall monster from a forgotten age.
»www.sbnation.com/2014/11 ··· -stories

Old Radio Shack catalogues and magazine ads:
»www.radioshackcatalogs.com/
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
I dropped radioshack 20 years ago when they stopped being a hobby store. Years ago you could find pretty much everything you needed from an electronic perspective....even photo resist circuit board kits. Not anymore...they dummied the store down to appeal to the masses but lacking the required inventory to do that well.....
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
So my Amazon Fire Stick arrives on Tuesday

telijah
Premium Member
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

I thought of getting one of these for my gf's dumb TV, but they don't have Amazon Prime, and already use the XBOX for Netflix, so is there much more value for them in getting a Fire Stick?
yimitz
join:2012-09-21
Livonia, MI

yimitz to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

I dropped radioshack 20 years ago when they stopped being a hobby store. Years ago you could find pretty much everything you needed from an electronic perspective....even photo resist circuit board kits. Not anymore...they dummied the store down to appeal to the masses but lacking the required inventory to do that well.....

"You've got questions, we've got dumb looks."

My brother-in-law was a manager of a RS store about 20 years ago. Whenever he hired someone, he had to run it by his district manager, who shot down most candidates with, "This person's too smart, find someone else." Seeing the handwriting on the wall, he decided to find another career path.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
Sad really but not unexpected..... But to answer the question about Black Friday I did not go out this year. The Thanksgiving dinner wiped me slick and woke up and promptly went back to bed and slept until almost noon.

geo44
join:2013-03-20
Saint Petersburg, FL

geo44 to Milkman0

to Milkman0
I honestly dont know how radio shack stays in business, at least the one near me.
99% of the time I go in there its just me and the store clerk.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
Well they tried cell phones and not sure how thats working out for them....nobody really buys their stereo components and not much else left unless you want to pay double what you should for the same product elsewhere.
allowiches
join:2012-04-01
Palm Coast, FL

allowiches

Remember the old battery-a-month club at Radio Shack? They gave you a little card and you could go in each month and get one free battery.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
yup

Morfein
Lead Peon
Premium Member
join:2004-09-08
Brownsburg, IN

1 recommendation

Morfein

Premium Member

I worked with a guy that did the LED xmas lights, and got a contract job with a small putt-putt golf/game play/go kart place. He never shut the hell up about it, I got an update every frickin day of what he was doing... Anyway, I will admit when he had it outside of his house and to music it looked cool. He had to hire a police officer to keep traffic moving. I'm sure his neighbors just loved him.

So I'm on BRIGHTHOUSE AGAIN!!! Woot! I should have signed up for the TV from the get go. I didn't think about the hell of all the coax, and I don't want to screw with the junction box and pulling cable. I'd screw it up anyway. So I'll be getting BHN TV. Now I have to officially read the 3.0 thread and see what my choices are.
Morfein

Morfein

Premium Member

Oh. I also payed for premium here on DSLReports. Only took me 10 years before doing so. I may even have to add a picture.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Morfein:

Oh. I also payed for premium here on DSLReports. Only took me 10 years before doing so. I may even have to add a picture.

The DSLR staff certainly appreciate your support

Morfein
Lead Peon
Premium Member
Brownsburg, IN

Morfein

Premium Member

said by BHNtechXpert:

The DSLR staff certainly appreciate your support

They better!! Takes me a long time to make $10, Walmart sucks!! My avatar was approved so I believe my beautiful face now shows. I won't know till I hit post on this as I haven't checked.

telijah
Premium Member
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

said by Morfein:

My avatar was approved so I believe my beautiful face now shows. I won't know till I hit post on this as I haven't checked.

Your face has been there at least since this morning, and creeps me out lol. Looks like Ronnie from The Jersey Shore.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
LOL

Morfein
Lead Peon
Premium Member
Brownsburg, IN

Morfein to telijah

Premium Member

to telijah
said by telijah:

Looks like Ronnie from The Jersey Shore.

No clue who that is, but I guess I'll have to google him now. I'm afraid to see it now.
Morfein

Morfein

Premium Member

Damnit, and now I can see why you said that. I'll have to find a different person to post a picture of now.
OmagicQ
Posting in a thread near you
join:2003-10-23
Bakersfield, CA

OmagicQ to Milkman0

to Milkman0
Since this is an off-topic thread, i'll tell yall about a dream I had this morning. I was at some woman's house I didn't recognize trying to fix her network. She was complaining that the internet was slow and she was using something like an mp3 player as a wifi hotspot and it was connected to the tv via a HDMI-MHL cable. The player was getting internet through the ethernet channel on the cable.

Wierd I know, but it made me wonder how such a setup would actually work. If somebody decided to build a smart tv with a built-in docsis 3 modem/router/wifi, it would be all some people would need. I don't imagine it happening any time soon though... could you imagine having to compile a list of compatible tvs?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Morfein

Premium Member

to Morfein
said by Morfein:

Damnit, and now I can see why you said that. I'll have to find a different person to post a picture of now.

How about your pic?

telijah
Premium Member
Brandon, FL

telijah to Milkman0

Premium Member

to Milkman0
For those on Lightning 75 or lower, Woot.com has the Arris SB6121 (factory refurbished) for 39.99 + 5.00 shipping.