shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

1 edit

[NFL] Jets are a soap opera

»online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142···ork_main

Jets' New Running Back Is Arrested
Jets running back Mike Goodson was arrested and charged with handgun and marijuana possession early Friday morning in Denville, N.J., New Jersey State Police confirmed, the latest incident in a tumultuous six months for the franchise.

Jets fans just can't catch a break. This might just be the most dysfunctional family in the NFL.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Yes.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
reply to shaner
They dont call it "dope" for nothing.

join:2013-04-08
reply to shaner
It's funny how they dumped the Tebow drama yet somehow are still the #1 drama team in the league.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
said by 28727686:

It's funny how they dumped the Tebow drama yet somehow are still the #1 drama team in the league.

They'll never get past the Tebow thing. Tebow supporters are going to hate the Jets for a long, long time.
--
“I had to adjust my halo as I was machine-gunning hogs.” - Ted Nugent

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
I think they're already pretty much past it. Tebow supporters for the most part are not Jets supporters. They arrived with Tebow and now that he's gone they'll lose interest in the Jets very rapidly, caring more about where Tebow goes next.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

Hello.
My name is Rook and I'm a Jets supporter and a Tebow supporter.

I can't hate the Jets, but I do not like how the whole thing played out and hope Tebow finds somewhere else in the NFL that can put him to use in some capacity.
I also hope the Jets win some games this season, but I'm not very optimistic.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Rook008:

Hello.

I can't hate the Jets, but I do not like how the whole thing played out and hope Tebow finds somewhere else in the NFL that can put him to use in some capacity.
I also hope the Jets win some games this season, but I'm not very optimistic.

Other NFL teams would like to Tebow but not as a QB. Tebow does not want to change positions so the NFL teams will take him. If Tebow want to play in the NFL he will have to change positions or hope some team gets a desperate need for a QB.
--
Caddy

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Yeah, I remember reading that a team would have brought him on if he agreed to play TE, but he didn't want to switch positions.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing
It'll be interesting to see whether he decides to try another position or positions, or just waits to see if a team has several QB's get hurt and is suddenly in great need. If he's not on an NFL roster once the regular season starts the interest in what he does will go way down.

shaner
Premium
Calgary, AB
I get the feeling that Tebow doesn't need football. He'll play on his own terms or he'll just go find something else to do.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing
reply to shaner
And the Jets' progress continues.

Mark Sanchez already has 3 interceptions

shaner
Premium
Calgary, AB
Already in mid season form

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO
reply to shaner
Namath yesterday blasted the Jets for picking a QB in the draft. Namath said maybe they could use receivers and linemen instead of throwing yet another QB in there to fail. I can see his point.

Then again, he also said that Sanchez is an excellent QB and he's just had too many distractions lately. He said that if Sanchez left the Jets he'd be a pro bowler somewhere else. So maybe Broadway Joe is losing his mind after all.
--

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1
reply to shaner
Jets are a soap opera.

You say it like it's a bad thing.

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO
reply to shaner
Unnamed Jets player says 90% of team wants Sanchez gone.

»network.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic···13680497
--

said by footballdude:

Unnamed Jets player says 90% of team wants Sanchez gone.

»network.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic···13680497

Sanchez is in that 90% too! They asked him and he wanted himself gone.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to footballdude
Was Namath sober? I doubt he even aware he was talking to anyone.

shaner
Premium
Calgary, AB
reply to 28727686
That's too bad, because it's really the Jets fault that Sanchez is as useless as he is. They destroyed his confidence and destroyed whatever progress he had made in learning how to be an NFL starter in the process. It must be horrible to be Mark Sanchez these days.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to Rook008
said by Rook008:

Hello.

Good... gooooood... the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem....
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing

1 recommendation

reply to kingdome74
Obligatory Drunk Namath video:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQqIQyT-RuM

The Shadow
Premium
join:2013-04-18
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
reply to shaner
To be fair we are talking about New York City, so the idea or concept of "a soap opera" isn't exactly an unusual state.

As for the Jets if anyone thinks that the current Jet coaching staff is capable of coaching and developing the new kid from West Virginia into a first rate NFL QB are being exceptionally optimistic. They've all ready ruined Sanchez for his future with the Jets.

Sanchez in terms of pure natural physical talent has lots of it but IMO a large part of why he has performed or turned out the way he has is due to the coaching staff. Notice the guy started out decent for a rookie and simply got worse with "experience." IMO there are rational reasons for that. And it starts with loss of confidence due to poor performance due to piss poor coaching.

If Sanchez is traded to a decent team with a good QB coach and offensive coordinator he has the tools to be a solid NFL QB both in performances and statistics.

shaner
Premium
Calgary, AB
Yup, and those reasons are specifically linked to the 6 inches between Sanchez's ears. Sanchez plays like a panicked 9th grader now. As if somehow every time he touches the ball, he has to make a spectacular, super human play just to prove he can still play. If you try to hit a homerun with every single swing, you're trying too hard.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
said by shaner:

Yup, and those reasons are specifically linked to the 6 inches between Sanchez's ears. Sanchez plays like a panicked 9th grader now.

Are you trying to say that his head just keeps his two ears apart?
--
Politics: “Poli” a Latin word meaning “many”; and "tics" meaning “bloodsucking creatures."

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing
reply to shaner
said by shaner:

Yup, and those reasons are specifically linked to the 6 inches between Sanchez's ears.

They're also related to Rex Ryan being a terrible offensive coach, which is far from unique in the NFL with defensive coordinators who get a head coaching gig.

The Shadow
Premium
join:2013-04-18
At last! Another voice of reason and common sense on this topic!

reply to shaner
Joe is back at it ripping the Jets today.

"Joe Namath says New York Jets have 'misled' fan base"
»www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000···fan-base