Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Pacomartin

join:2013-03-18
Bethlehem, PA
Reviews:
·RCN CABLE

[TiVo] Stupid Question about connecting Quad and Preview

If I connect my Preview to my Quad with just the ethernet cable (no coax), I am assuming that it will be only good for watching youtube and pandora and other applications. I am assuming that I won't be able to watch the recorded shows on the TIVO QUAD. Am I mistaken?
Expand your moderator at work

Pacomartin

Bethlehem, PA
Reviews:
·RCN CABLE

1 edit
reply to Pacomartin

Re: [TiVo] Stupid Question about connecting Quad and Preview

»www.hdbaset.org/technolo ··· tworking

This page says HDBaseT says "embedded consumer electronic devices are expected to enter the market in 2011." I was just wondering if TIVO had adopted this technology?

I think the answer is no, but I thought I would ask.

rcncares
Emilie
Premium,VIP
join:2012-01-04
Gainesville, VA
kudos:1
Not having RF connected to the Preview would allow the HME apps (except VOD of course) to function to include streaming of recorded content from the Q, but you would not be able to view live TV.

Emilie

Pacomartin

Bethlehem, PA
Reviews:
·RCN CABLE
said by rcncares:

.. to include streaming of recorded content from the Q, but you would not be able to view live TV.

So the preview could function easily as a monitor device that would control the quality and quantity of the shows your child can watch. They would be limited to watching predetermined television shows and/or movies rather than scan through the channels.

I had friends who made their children keep the TV in the closet. They were allowed to take it out to watch certain shows, but they had to dismantle the TV and put it back in the closet when the show was done. It wasn't adult content that they worried about, it was the habit of just idly flicking through the channels to kill time.

They now have three beautiful, very articulate and athletic daughters.

This seems like a valuable option that is worth promoting.

Pacomartin

Bethlehem, PA
Reviews:
·RCN CABLE
reply to rcncares
said by rcncares:

Not having RF connected to the Preview ...

Pioneer has just started selling the first HDBaseT home electronic system (a $3100 receiver). There may be more affordable equipment coming along shortly.It streams up to 4K video and is rated at 140 Watts x 9 channels.

»www.pioneerelectronics.c ··· rs/SC-79