share rss forum feed

Singular
Premium
join:2008-08-13
Shelbyville, KY
kudos:2

1 edit

[Connectivity]Torrent\Connection Throttling - Shelbyville,KY

Anyone else seem to notice any problems with Torrents being throttled now that Time Warner has taken over?

I am trying to download a copy of CentOS using the torrent and with over 2000 peers I should have no problem getting 50 Megs through the connection, and I was for a short period of time and now it won't go over about 10 megs.

Seems to me like things are being throttled as if I perform the same test using a VPN tunnel I do not have this problem.

I also checked to make sure it wasn't an internet issue and I can actually pull a solid 50 megs on a speed test while doing the 10 Megs in the torrent.

Mainly I am curious if anyone else is having this problem.

Thanks!
--
-Singular

ARGONAUT
Have a nice day.
Premium
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN
kudos:1
I'm using Tixati without any speed issues in New Albany, IN.

I know some clients will block or ban µTorrent.

superakcraig

join:2005-03-15
Louisville, KY
reply to Singular
Although I only have the 10meg pkg (really 15 with Time Warner), I have had no trouble maxing my download speed using Utorrent.
--
Here I Come to Save the Day!!

Singular
Premium
join:2008-08-13
Shelbyville, KY
kudos:2
reply to Singular
Thanks for the info guys.

I think it may have just been some kind of fluke. I tried it again today and it seems to be working fine now.

I am still disappointed that they dropped their SprintLink and Level 3 connections though for T-Bone. That has really hurt connections into some of the major networks.
--
-Singular