join:2000-08-06
Metuchen, NJ

howieh to Sunny

MVM

to Sunny

Re: I am so sorry

This is what I bought:

»www.walmart.com/ip/Carex ··· v2=true&

and I can assure that it does not perform well in rough terrain. The item description indicates that it has oversized 6" wheels.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny

This appears to be the Cadillac of rollators (on Amazon). Well, you can pay even more to get the bag that fits on the front, but I already have one of those.

»amazon.com/Hugo-Portable ··· bs_hpc_5

If I could be sure it would let me get around in my yard safely, I would buy it because I could then do a number of things my neighbors are going to feel they need to do for me if I can't.

I don't see anyone really talking about that problem in the reviews, though.

I suppose if I am indecisive long enough, the problem will just go away. OTOH, Dr. Tom says that will be a dangerous place for me for, probably, another 5-8 months. Just because I begin walking again, doesn't mean my muscles will give me the control I once had, takes time to build those back.

This has certainly been a learning experience.

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

3 recommendations

rfhar

Premium Member

said by Sunny:

This appears to be the Cadillac of rollators (on Amazon). Well, you can pay even more to get the bag that fits on the front, but I already have one of those.

»amazon.com/Hugo-Portable ··· bs_hpc_5

Sorto,
My wife has two walkers as of her back problems last spring. One is the four legged type the small wheels on the fount that people put tennis balls on the back legs and the other the four wheeled type with a basket. we use the first one when we go most places in the car as it fits in the back seat nicely where the four wheeled one takes most of the trunk. But the four wheeled one goes with her when she goes shopping in the mall etc, as she can stop and sit on it. it also is the one that she uses around the house. the seat is very handy to carry stuff when going from room to room or setting the table for a meal. She also used it to go across the field to watch the grand kid play soccer last spring but now both her back and knees are both getting real bad. the large wheels do move over grass better and will help you get around the yard. She goes out into the yard with hers when the handicapped daughter comes over and they get a lot of work done which helps them both.

i have my desktop in for repair and this net book is a cuss-word. it is so slow and does funny things like close Fx when I have spent 15-20 minutes typing a post. My five thumbs do not like it at all but at least I can get on the net. it took me most of an hour to get this post done.

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center

4 recommendations

Icarus to Sunny

Mod

to Sunny
Click for full size
Here ya go!
Expand your moderator at work

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

1 recommendation

Sunny to rfhar

to rfhar

Re: I am so sorry

Thanks for all the info, Ron. I'm so sorry it required so much effort, though.

It's hard to decide since (I hope) I shouldn't be needing this long term. Still, Bridge Ministries in my area receives donated equipment, sanitizes and then allows people to borrow it for whatever donation they can afford. I could always donate to them when I am done.
Sunny

Sunny to Icarus

to Icarus
Link to purchase, please?

Gizmo
Trust Me I'm a Professional
MVM
join:2000-08-19
In Your Mind
ARRIS NVG589

3 recommendations

Gizmo

MVM

We need to do some custom work on that walker so you can drag race....................................

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center

1 recommendation

Icarus to Sunny

Mod

to Sunny
said by Sunny:

I think Russ could build ya one custom!

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny to Gizmo

to Gizmo
Vroooom, vroooom!
Sunny

Sunny to Icarus

to Icarus
said by Icarus:

said by Sunny:

I think Russ could build ya one custom!

Go, Russie! Maybe that would keep him from rebuilding that bike, getting out there to hurt himself again.