uniqs

paintref
Look, I see stars
join:2003-02-21
Houston, TX

paintref

Recommended Profile?

Click for full size
Just saw my stats in Uverse realtime ad depicted in the screenshot above.

Just got Uverse installed yesterday and everything is working. Getting close to the speed that was advertised.

I was wondering my recommended profile is in the red. What does it mean and do I really need to change the profile? And if so how do I do this?

my thoughts

Anon

Red means your current profile does not match recommended.
With your Max rate at over 54M and distance less than 1200 feet the suggested profile of 32 would allow for 4 HD TV streams versus your current 3HD/1SD, in addition would allow a Max internet speed of 24/3 if your willing to pay for it, otherwise gives you more room to watch HD, and an additional HD channel before affecting your internet speeds.

Ie, record 2 HD watch 3rd with 12M internet on 25 profile is 25-6-6-6=7 left for internet @ 80-90% would expect to see 5.5 to 6.4 speed test

Same example on 32 profile would be 32-6-6-6=14 so 12 internet @80-90% would see speeds around 9.5 to 11.3. No effect till turn on fourth HD feed.

Examples look worse on 18M internet and on elite (6) or pro (3) would not really see any changes.

You would need to contact ATT thru chat or call and get to tier 2 for profile change, can take some time before seeing it but with those stats you should be 32.

Note: install tech does not set your profile that is set when they create your order based on document list from vrad to your address. The install tech only verifies you are obtaining what is listed on his order.

paintref
Look, I see stars
Houston, TX

paintref

said by my thoughts :

Examples look worse on 18M internet and on elite (6) or pro (3) would not really see any changes.

So, by what you are saying, I wouldn't see the benefit of switching profiles right now since I am on elite internet?
zed260
Premium Member
join:2011-11-11
Cleveland, TN
Netgear R7000

zed260

Premium Member

said by paintref:

said by my thoughts :

So, by what you are saying, I wouldn't see the benefit of switching profiles right now since I am on elite internet?

well pretty much unless you have tv service

personaly if i was you id post in at&t direct forum with screenshot and they can up your profile i beleve which can be helpfull in the future should you choose to upgrade to faster speed

paintref
Look, I see stars
Houston, TX

paintref

said by zed260:

said by paintref:

said by my thoughts :

well pretty much unless you have tv service

personaly if i was you id post in at&t direct forum with screenshot and they can up your profile i beleve which can be helpfull in the future should you choose to upgrade to faster speed

I will do that.