All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

sandwidth
join:2004-10-22
Ontario, CA

sandwidth to MeInDallas

to MeInDallas

Re: We need a solution for HD throughout a house not boxes....

No need for digital adapters. TW has been pretty good (or lazy?) about not discontinuing much in the old analog channels.

The real problem lies in this conspiracy to push everyone to spend money on something that will eventually be the new bare minimum.....(as we possibly move to 4k in the next decade?).....by taking everyone from the previously VERY workable SDTV to HDTV and the resulting recurring costs.

Remember, digital programming is actually a BENEFIT to the providers. Analog cost them more bandwidth but between the new HD standard and whoever is responsible for the scrambling of upper (ESPN, etc) channels, we have a conspiracy against the subscriber forcing them to pay MONTHLY for stuff that used to be free.

MeInDallas
join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas

Wait until TWC goes to IPTV starting the second half of this year. I still wanna know if we will be forced to use their equipment like Uverse users have to. I live in Dallas and I heard we are going to be one of the first to get it. If thats true or not I dont know. We were one of the first to get SDV and what a nightmare that was in the beginning.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by MeInDallas:

Wait until TWC goes to IPTV starting the second half of this year. I still wanna know if we will be forced to use their equipment like Uverse users have to. I live in Dallas and I heard we are going to be one of the first to get it. If thats true or not I dont know. We were one of the first to get SDV and what a nightmare that was in the beginning.

TWC is not going to IPTV like your thinking they are moving the guide to cloud features for navigator boxes and the IP reference is wanting to get TV inside the house on any device which the new boxes will be able to convert QAM to IP for transmission so the new gateways will have wireless built in so your ipad or iphone can watch the TV channels off of the box

Also no North Texas was not one of the first to go SDV we were one of the last as Cisco areas were done first before Motorola areas and that is one of the reasons why TWC had to upgrade North Texas to 860MHz as they wanted to add more HD and did not want to remove analogs or was able to justify the costs of removing every single motorola box which would have taken months if not years.

Also I don't think that Los Angeles has DTAs yet as they were using SD boxes for people that needed them due to TWC LA removing several analogs last year.

Also TWC plans on realigning the channel lineup on iGuide and Navigator boxes to get rid of the SD/HD remaps and only offer SD on SD boxes and HD on HD/HD DVR boxes along with SD channels that do not have an HD version.

MeInDallas
join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas

I'm guessing they will be keeping the whole SDV thing then. I was really hoping they would get rid of that

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by MeInDallas:

I'm guessing they will be keeping the whole SDV thing then. I was really hoping they would get rid of that

nope SDV is not going away and you wouldn't want the full IP anyway as it requires a DOCSIS modem and would require all boxes to be replaced and Cablecard devices would cease to work.

solution4u
@verizon.net

solution4u to sandwidth

Anon

to sandwidth
»video2.timewarnercable.com/

stream to your pc or ipad