Asus RT-AC56
Grandstream HandyTone 702/704

bjlockie to vincom

to vincom

Re: Overcharged by Rogers, and being yelled :(

said by vincom:

its not the op's fault for being charged a ridiculous amount for texting

Sure it is.
He wasn't forced to buy the plan that didn't include texting.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to bt

Premium Member

to bt
Lets put aside that the OP was texting without a plan. The aholes tried to charge me (several times) for receiving pictures in texts. Apparently (so I was told) if you get a picture text msg and reply to it, you get charged for sending a pic.
elwoodblues

elwoodblues to Xstar_Lumini

Premium Member

to Xstar_Lumini
said by Xstar_Lumini:

And Sbrook is right.... who cares if Rogers has coverage all over Ontario is they charge you long distance for calling from a Barrie Roger's tower to a Toronto Rogers tower? I pay less roaming with WIND and can still talk from across Ontario with no problems.

Hell they charge you long distance for someone calling you or even checking your VM, WHICH NEVER LEAVES THEIR NETWORK!

RLBL
join:2012-11-26
Gloucester, ON

1 edit

RLBL to ytliu

to ytliu
After reading through the OP and the replies :

- Is Rogers over charging? Yes.. period. There should be a cap and that is what the CRTC has imposed (I think, starting Dec 2... hopefully not just for new plans)

- Should the OP been texting without a plan? NO given the current state of the pricing structure (which again is absurd)

- Should the OP been aware of the plan he is on? Yes (ignorance is not an excuse... an old saying)

- Would I try and fight it? Yep

- Would I expect to win? No... I would hope they offer me a plan and bill me retroactively based on the plan (I know they do this), or reduce the charge (or does that constitute a win?)

We can argue all day about this provider or that provider, or whether the charges are unjust etc... but the bottom line is: You do not have to be texting to that extent, and if you must, you should ensure that you have the right plan/provider that can accommodate your habits.

It would be silly of me to think that I can sign up for any plan, use it how I see fit and then complain that I got over charged because I did not know the plan "I chose" did not support my habits.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by RLBL:

- Is Rogers over charging? Yes.. period. There should be a cap and that is what the CRTC has imposed (I think, starting Dec 2... hopefully not just for new plans)

CRTC requirement is only for new plans. And I think it's for data usage, I don't recall anything about a cap for calling or texting charges (but I could be wrong on that)

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly to RLBL

to RLBL
said by RLBL:

After reading through the OP and the replies :

- Should the OP been texting without a plan? NO given the current stat of the pricing structure (which again is absurd)

- Should the OP been aware of the plan he is on? Yes (ignorance is not an excuse... an old saying)

- Would I try and fight it? Yep

- Would I expect to win? No... I would hope they offer me a plan and bill me retroactively based on the plan (I know they do this), or reduce the charge (or does that constitute a win?)

We can argue all day about this provider or that provider, or whether the charges are unjust etc... but the bottom line is: You do not have to be texting to that extent, and if you must, you should ensure that you have the right plan/provider that can accommodate your habits.

It would be silly of me to think that I can sign up for any plan, use it how I see fit and then complain that I got over charged because I did not know the plan "I chose" did not support my habits.

which is what i stated from my initial post almost 3 months ago.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by Pauly:

This thread is only 1 month old as of today.

RLBL
join:2012-11-26
Gloucester, ON

RLBL

said by bt:

said by Pauly:

This thread is only 1 month old as of today.

And considering he never even posted in this thread, I have no idea what he is talking about lol