spc
uniqs
ericny09
join:2013-05-19
Newark, NY

ericny09 to motorola870

to motorola870

Re: New lineups soon?

Will everyone on Time Warner have identical lineups then if/when this is all complete (other than local/regional channels)?. For example would ESPN be on lets say channel 301 on time warner nationally? If so, will areas that don't currently get some niche stations (aka WGN, GSN, CMT Pure Country etc that central NY get but us in the finger lakes area currently dont) get all those stations added?

Looking at the lineups for the Central NY area, other than 1-99, and the locals later on, everything from 100 on seemed to be identical.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by ericny09:

Will everyone on Time Warner have identical lineups then if/when this is all complete (other than local/regional channels)?. For example would ESPN be on lets say channel 301 on time warner nationally? If so, will areas that don't currently get some niche stations (aka WGN, GSN, CMT Pure Country etc that central NY get but us in the finger lakes area currently dont) get all those stations added?

Looking at the lineups for the Central NY area, other than 1-99, and the locals later on, everything from 100 on seemed to be identical.

no there will still be some regional differences on what is being carried such as Texas being the only region to carry TBN Enlace on the spanish tier and North Texas carrying Halogen HD.
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os to ericny09

to ericny09
According to my previous research, Syracuse had both TV One and WGN America, Rome had WGN America, and Utica had neither of the 2.

These lineups show all of them having the same channels now, so it will be interesting to see if this does streamline lineups regionally and nationally. A lot of the Northeast lineups are oddly missing ID HD, the Albany lineup doesn't have it at all. Rochester is missing GSN entirely. Buffalo doesn't have HBO Latino. These little anomalies might disappear.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Os:

According to my previous research, Syracuse had both TV One and WGN America, Rome had WGN America, and Utica had neither of the 2.

These lineups show all of them having the same channels now, so it will be interesting to see if this does streamline lineups regionally and nationally. A lot of the Northeast lineups are oddly missing ID HD, the Albany lineup doesn't have it at all. Rochester is missing GSN entirely. Buffalo doesn't have HBO Latino. These little anomalies might disappear.

looks like Syracuse is also gaining: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, VH1 Soul, CMT Pure Country as well.

My area is getting:
Aspire on channel 279 next to Centric on 280

Also the 750MHz area near me is getting:
Aspire on channel 122
Shop Zeal 1 on channel 167 (they already have Shop Zeal 2-5 on channels 170-173)
JSull
join:2013-01-15

JSull

Does this mean that once the update/transition is complete we will no longer experience the dreaded: This channel will be available shortly
Message?

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by JSull:

Does this mean that once the update/transition is complete we will no longer experience the dreaded: This channel will be available shortly
Message?

that error usually means you have poor signal at the box.

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up

said by swintec:

that error usually means you have poor signal at the box.

In my experience it always means that the SDV system is down.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

"In my experience it always means that the SDV system is down."

I am not sure what your experience is but that is a possibility! Bad signals is normally what I see. The SDV system being down would drive tremendous volume into the centers, in most cases they are individual or service group issues.

Hob
JSull
join:2013-01-15

JSull to swintec

to swintec
TWC has checked the signal and they tell me it is fine.
Things go fine for days/weeks then several of the Hd channels in the 700 tier are lost so I reboot the box.

Maybe the 6416 box is going out.

What is the best hddvr to replace it with?
I use the hdmi and s video outs.
Hdmi to HDTV...s video to Magnavox 515.
Phroz
join:2005-11-23
Lewiston, ME

Phroz

Depends where you're located and what they have. The 6416 is the only HD DVR available here.

Most places have the newer DCX (3400 or 3500) boxes from what I hear, but we still don't.