join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to Anav

Re: The Associated Press and the Feds

said by Anav:

But really, do you expect a few people can make any difference on the Titanic

Well if you're on the Titanic going full steam ahead (which it was) and yell "Iceberg" it isn't going to help much. That said the smart people grab a lifejacket and make their way to nearest lifeboat But even that may not save you.
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
Oh dont worry, those in power have already flown off the titanic using corporate helicopters.
(analogy, bin laden family flying out of the US right after 9-11 skies opened a smidgen).

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2
Ironic that NS is the closest land to the Titanic
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

Anav
Premium
Dartmouth, NS
We will also have a monument and a museum in memory of the pre-apocalyptic USA.

Anav
Premium
Dartmouth, NS
What bothers me is Obama appears to disagree with what the women said. I was naively hoping for a response such as 'I hope the republicans are listening to her."

»www.cnn.com/video/?/video/politi···kler.cnn

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium
join:2001-12-11
SOG C&C Nrth
reply to La Luna
more like a baghdad flying rug!
jd

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium
SOG C&C Nrth

1 recommendation

reply to StuartMW
my smart phone was made by kimber

Frodo

join:2006-05-05
kudos:1
reply to fatness
The New Yorker has become Wikileaks like with the introduction of "Strongbox", a method of passing tips to the New Yorker anonymously.

»www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/c···ool.html

quote:
This morning, The New Yorker launched Strongbox, an online place where people can send documents and messages to the magazine, and we, in turn, can offer them a reasonable amount of anonymity.

A nine step graphic within the article shows how the system works.

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans

join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bright House
reply to fatness
said by fatness:

I'd advise taking a step back from that view. Years ago people said the Bush administration had no respect for rights or privacy. Now some, like the Guardian, are saying the Obama administration has no respect for the same. Both miss the picture. ...

Well here's the difference between the two. Bush could have gone after leakers, investigative reporters and all the rest but didn't. He could have also gone after political enemies by sending the DOJ, ATF, FBI and IRS after them, but didn't. Obama has in some capacity either directly or indirectly(through 3rd hand, or his own actions and statements) gone after well anyone who disagrees with him, and used letter agencies for it.

There's no politics in that, but prima facie on it's own it's correct. More so with the DOJ investigating itself, and with members of the IRS now trying to clam up and run for the hills. I'm not saying that Bush was sunshine and daisies with regards to this, but the pattern of abuse is there in the Obama administration for all to see. And it's not just one instance, it's multiple instances across dozens of people, groups, and whistle blowers.

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium
SOG C&C Nrth
reply to StuartMW
u might wanna consider 50+