kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
·surpasshosting
reply to garys_2k

Re: Is this poison ivy?

I'm itchy.
I suffer immensely from poison ivy. I get "systemic" reactions. I've probably had poison ivy 30 times in my life. The older I get, the worse I get it. I've always had jobs that put me either in direct contact with poison ivy, or things that have touched poison ivy.

My wife doesn't get poison ivy. I don't know how or why. When I find poison ivy, she disposes of it.

Whatever you do, don't burn it. You can catch it from the smoke. You can get it in your lungs, eyes, and sinuses that way.
It's rare, but people have literally died from burning poison ivy.
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

wnysteel

join:2006-06-14
Hamburg, NY

said by nunya:

My wife doesn't get poison ivy. I don't know how or why. When I find poison ivy, she disposes of it.

about 20% of the population is not allergic to poison ivy (i happen to be in that 20% also).

workablob

join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by wnysteel:

said by nunya:

about 20% of the population is not allergic to poison ivy (i happen to be in that 20% also).

Me too. I never had a problem and I was into camping, scouting, general stupid kid in the woods type activity.

In fact, the only time I thought I might have poison ivy it turned out to be a reaction to bromine in the hot tub.

What tipped me off was that the little red welts didn't itch. Just kinda hurt.

Me and My mom got the welts but my step dad and wife did not.

Dave
--
I may have been born yesterday. But it wasn't at night.