join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to NormanS

to NormanS

Re: [AZ] CenturyLink vs Cox in AZ

said by NormanS:

said by Rakeesh:

SBC was AT&T before they were SBC.

SBC did not exist after the break-up of the original AT&T; it was created by Ed Whitacre out of Southwestern Bell Telephone Company.

But ya, centurylink is bad at the internet, and so was every company that came before them in every area they serve. USWest's profitability came to match the quality of its service once its monopoly in its respective areas was broken.

USWest ceased to exist, as a brand, shortly after Qwest acquired it; about 1990, I believe.

2000 was Qwest.
USWest/ Qwest had some good areas and some icky areas. But the old USWest/Qwest areas never had the massive across the board slowdowns/ congestion you would see posted on the Centurylink board here before they took over Qwest.
Rakeesh
join:2011-10-30
Phoenix, AZ

Rakeesh

said by nonymous:

2000 was Qwest.
USWest/ Qwest had some good areas and some icky areas. But the old USWest/Qwest areas never had the massive across the board slowdowns/ congestion you would see posted on the Centurylink board here before they took over Qwest.

How can that happen? Unless they only have a single peering point...which would make sense given that nationwide outage they had. If that truly is the case, they probably hired geek squad to manage their network - only a moron could truly make such a bad decision.
SatManager
join:2011-03-17
North Las Vegas, NV

SatManager to nonymous

to nonymous
You mean Mountain Bell!

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA

NormanS

MVM

Mountain Bell was rolled into USWest for the 1984 break-up of the AT&T Bell system. Along with Northwestern Bell and Pacific Northwest Bell.