spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

amollmann

@macinhouse.com

Fioptics ZTE modem/router will not forward port 80

Just got fioptics installed to my work. 12 fiber's coming in to our building, ungodly expensive business monthly rate and yet they still give us the piece of shit ZTE modem/router.

For the life of me, I cannot get it to forward port 80 to one of our machines that runs a small webserver.

If I go to NAT, I can add a port forward for port 80. When I apply the settings, it tells me that the web server on the router itself will be moved to port 8080. Great, right?

No, it doesn't actually move it to port 8080. The router still hosts its page on port 80 and will not forwards the packets and 8080 is closed. I have wireshark running on the webserver and nothing is coming in on port 80. Other ports work, but port 80 will not forward for the life of me.

Any ideas? No option to put it in bridge mode either. We have a VPN router doing all of the other NAT and such, so basically there's double NAT going on.

CVGNet

join:2012-04-10
Cincinnati, OH
In the thread below I pointed somebody at documentation for a similar ZTE device which looked like it showed how to place the device in bridge mode.

»FiOptics ZTE Router/Modem....

The ZyXel modems can certainly be placed in bridge mode - best way to run them!

Just be aware that if you are using IPTV you need a router which can IGMP proxy.

amollmann

@insightbb.com
I saw that thread, thanks. Unfortunately, that isn't for our specific model of router/modem and I don't know enough about networking to fiddle around with our modem running with a live connection that the business relies on to operate. The fioptics guy is coming tomorrow morning to mess with it.

CVGNet

Cincinnati, OH
Good luck with the visit. If that doesn't resolve the problem and it is still causing business issues PM me for some suggestions.

amollmann

@macinhouse.com
Cincinnati Bell came out and gave us a new modem that actually allowed port 80 to go through. No more problems!

CVGNet

Cincinnati, OH
For future reference - if the new modem happens to be the ZyXel than that unit also bridges quit easily. I just wish it was half the size...