Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan to Merak75

Premium Member

to Merak75

Re: [iPhone] Prepaid

I am happy with my $30/mo 100min unlim txt and data plan from T-Mobile.

RobNyc
Premium Member
join:2002-03-06
New York, NY

RobNyc

Premium Member

said by skeechan:

Can U share this info? I tried private messaging you but it says you have msgs blocked

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

1 edit

Thinkdiff

MVM,

Just search for the T-mobile monthly4G plans:

»prepaid-phones.t-mobile. ··· id-plans

They shove it all the way at the bottom of the page now:
$30 per month - Unlimited web and text with 100 minutes talk
100 minutes talk | Unlimited text | First 5GB at up to 4G speeds

I'm using a t-mobile SIM in my iPad mini with this plan right now - it works great.

Just a note: you'll be stuck on Edge most of the time with an older iPhone unless your area has been upgraded to LTE or previously refarmed (which makes 3G available on the frequency supported by the iPhone). I'm currently in San Jose, which is an LTE city, but the iPad will occasionally fall back to Edge when reception is bad.

RobNyc
Premium Member
join:2002-03-06
New York, NY

RobNyc

Premium Member

said by Thinkdiff:

Just search for the T-mobile monthly4G plans:

»prepaid-phones.t-mobile. ··· id-plans

They shove it all the way at the bottom of the page now:
$30 per month - Unlimited web and text with 100 minutes talk
100 minutes talk | Unlimited text | First 5GB at up to 4G speeds

I'm using a t-mobile SIM in my iPad mini with this plan right now - it works great.

Just a note: you'll be stuck on Edge most of the time with an older iPhone unless your area has been upgraded to LTE or previously refarmed (which makes 3G available on the frequency supported by the iPhone). I'm currently in San Jose, which is an LTE city, but the iPad will occasionally fall back to Edge when reception is bad.

Thanks, so how do I get it exactly? I only see them listing that option but doesn't really say how to go about it.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

When I signed up, I just ordered one of their prepaid SIM cards. When activating the card online, the 5GB plan was an option.

»prepaid-phones.t-mobile. ··· sim-card

If you have an iPhone 5, you'll either have to cut down the Micro SIM to nano size, or call t-mobile and ask if they can send you a nano SIM.

BTW, they sometimes regularly have $0.99 SIM card deals. Usually around holidays.

acadiel
Press fire to begin
Premium Member
join:2002-06-22
Atlanta
Apple AirPort Express (2012)
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)
ARRIS SB6183

acadiel to skeechan

Premium Member

to skeechan
said by skeechan:

+1

That's what I have my teen set up with.

Merak75
AKA "Vukodlak75"
MVM
join:2001-10-27
Willoughby, OH

Merak75 to skeechan

MVM

to skeechan
said by skeechan:

I went with this.
Thanks everyone.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya

MVM

Curious. I've always heard that and iPhone 4 cannot use 3G on T-Mobile. Is this not true?

Thinkdiff
MVM,
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

said by nunya:

Curious. I've always heard that and iPhone 4 cannot use 3G on T-Mobile. Is this not true?

T-Mobile is moving their 3G service out of the AWS band to the same frequency AT&T currently uses for their 3G service. This was done to support iPhone users (and other AT&T specific phones) and also make room on AWS for their LTE service.

Not all T-Mobile towers have been refarmed (and it's possible some never will be), so there are plenty of spots where the iPhone 4S will revert back to Edge. In any city where T-Mobile has announced LTE service, you should have decent coverage, though.

The newest iPhone 5 has been approved for both LTE and 3G on AWS, so it'll work on both of T-Mobile's 3G frequency bands.