spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Bry
join:2008-12-31
Canada

Bry

[INTERNET] Slow speeds, Belleville

I'm seeing 2-3Mb/s download speeds tonight, I've checked a few different servers and I'm getting similar results.. no observable packet loss.

Also no problems with upload speeds, it's been quite consistent at 1-2Mb/s.

I'm on the Turbo 14 tier and, up until tonight, have been getting the advertised 14Mb/s speeds.

Anyone else in the area having problems tonight?

-Bry.

tristen1230
join:2010-12-26
Belleville, ON

tristen1230

I think it is because of the rain/lightning. I have had many connection disruptions that last 5 - 15 minutes. I would just wait out the storm. Though I am with Teksavvy on a Cogeco line in Belleville and when up which it is now running perfectly I get 20 Mbps speeds.

Bry
Canada

Bry

I guess I should probably look out the window occasionally.

The problem has subsided, and the packets are flowing.
Bry

Bry to tristen1230

to tristen1230
TekSavvy is a Cogeco TIPA provider in Belleville now? That's news to me.

Also, how are you getting 20Mb/s speeds? I was certain DOCSIS3 wasn't available here yet.. if this has changed, I'd be fascinated to know more.

-Bry.

tristen1230
Belleville, ON

tristen1230

Well is certainly is. Teksavvy upgraded my to 20 Mbps even though mine says 10 Mbps available and sent me a DOCSIS 3.0 modem. Getting 20 Mbps speeds. Probably could get higher like 30 or 60. I don't know why Cogeco does not say it is available, but it does work in Belleville.

They recently became one not too long ago.

Check here to make sure it is available where you live: »www.teksavvy.com/en/resi ··· et/cable

Also when ordering maybe inquire about 20 Mbps... it could probably go higher since If I asked for 30 I don't think they would have said no. Just say you want a 3.0 modem and that plan. They could possibly say it will not work but it does. Just say I want it anyway.

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium Member
join:2011-07-11

Cogeco_Aaron to Bry

Premium Member

to Bry
said by Bry:

The problem has subsided, and the packets are flowing.

If the issue pops up again, let me know and I can take a closer look for you!
ShetiPhian
join:2011-12-29
Belleville, ON

ShetiPhian to Bry

to Bry
D3 modems work in Belleville but the area has not undergone the required updates and has no channel bonding. (*1)
You can be put on the 20Mbps profile but you need a rather empty node to achieve these speeds. (*2) , it was done to my line to patch other problems.

November 2013 is the D3 roll out date for Belleville. (*3)

*1 -- Some areas might be using newer gear and have channel bonding, but the area itself is not ready to support the higher speeds.

*2 -- Might only be through third party providers.

*3 -- Info passed from Cogeco > my ISP > me
Also form on site technician > me

Bry
Canada

Bry

I appreciate even the hearsay at this point, Cogeco has been extremely hush hush about it.. they even removed all mention of prior DOCSIS3 roll outs on their "What's New" page.

I'm using Cogeco (..not a TPIA provider), so I doubt they would bump me up the 20Mb/s tier. I previously had the Pro tier, but when I moved from Trenton to Belleville, I couldn't keep it.

-Bry.

tristen1230
Belleville, ON

tristen1230 to Bry

to Bry
Well I know the empty node is no problem up here in the hillcrest area. I always seem to achieve 20 Mbps. If not just a little it lower. Not lower then 15 Mbps and this is all week. Even during peak hours.

JavaFizzed
join:2003-02-25
K7R

JavaFizzed to Bry

to Bry
Napanee seems to be a steady 10/1.5Mbps for me. On a $30 promo right now and when it matures, might go to D3 30/2mbit as it appears to be available!

My current Docsis 2 modem uses 256 QAM and QPSK Modulation where in Niagara I had 16 QAM on the Return path. It's safe to assume Napanee doesn't have much congestion or need for a higher modulation?

Anoni
@cgocable.net

Anoni to Bry

Anon

to Bry
I'm seeing the same speed as you're seeing and im in Hamilton. I have the 60 package and only seeing no more than 1mbps.

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium Member
join:2011-07-11

Cogeco_Aaron

Premium Member

said by Anoni :

I'm seeing the same speed as you're seeing and im in Hamilton. I have the 60 package and only seeing no more than 1mbps.

PM me your modem MAC and I can take a look at it.