Search similar:

uniqs
CarterUSM1
join:2012-02-23
cyprus

CarterUSM1

Internet connection lost after installing VPN

Hi

I recently installed HideMyAss on my PC with no apparent problems, and once I’d ascertained it was doing as I’d expected, I then shut my PC down. However, later that same day I switched the computer back on, and was unable to gain access to the Internet (my web browser is Firefox).

I had earlier ascertained that since I’d installed HMA, 2 new local area connections had appeared in the ‘Network Connections’ area. LAC5 appeared to be inoperative, but HMA appeared to be using the new LAC4. However, when I switched back on, the Network Connection panel stated that the network cable for LAC5 was unplugged. Upon opening up the HMA application via the icon in the taskbar, a message in the Dashboard appeared, stating that the program configuration and server list did not load correctly, etc. etc.

The funny thing is that my internet radio and IPad (upon which I haven’t set up HMA) were both working with no problems whatsoever, presumably because they were using my original local area connection, i.e. the one which existed before I installed HMA).

Following advice from HMA technical support, I removed HMA from my PC, and the two new LACs have been removed, but I’m now in a worse situation than I was before, i.e. I still can’t access the Net from my PC (but can do so via my Ipad & internet radio). Can anyone tell me how this issue can be rectified? Is there anything I may have done which may have caused this situation? Can anyone recommend a VPN other than HMA which will not give rise to these complications?

Please could you bear in mind that you’ll be replying to someone who is not a techie, so I’d be very grateful if you could do so in relatively simple terms.

Many thanks in anticipation of your assistance.
s_becker
join:2013-04-05

s_becker

Post the output of ipconfig -all:

- Press the Windows Key + 'R'
- In the new window type in 'cmd' and press enter
- In the new window type in 'ipconfig -all' and press enter
- Right-click the window and select 'Select all'
- Press the enter key
- The output is now in the clipboard and can be inserted in your post.