spc
Search similar:

uniqs

jcb07
@centurytel.net

jcb07

Anon

[CenturyTel] Connection Issues

Could anyone tell me if anything is out of the norm here?
I use CenturyLink DSL... I have the 15mb package.

I've also been having problems for years. I mean real big problems.
Have had several technicians out to try and diagnose but to no availability. My connection constantly drops, I never get speeds anywhere close to what I pay for, and I'm lucky if my internet works longer than 1hour a day.

I've had several new modems, so I know that's not the problem. The technicians tried to say it was the wiring in my house. Have never had any problems with the phones or anything. But he ran a new line straight from the box outside with a female rj-45 jack, and it still does the same thing. So I believe that would eliminate it being the wiring in my house?

But here are some stats:
Transceiver Revision : A2pB030m1.d23a
Vendor ID Code : 4D54
Line Mode : ADSL_2plus
Data Path FAST

Transceiver Information Downstream Path Upstream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 5260 691
Margin (dB) 4.4 6.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 40.5 26.8
Transmit Power (dBm) 0.0 12.6
jcb07

jcb07

Anon

err... 12mb***

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark to jcb07

MVM

to jcb07
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 5260 691
You are only syncing at 5260 down and not 12mb.

Margin (dB) 4.4 6.0
Really poor SNR. Your connection will drop line a pin.

Ask CL to do a line test on your connection.

If you are up-to-it, you can test at the NID.

Any static on the phone lines?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to jcb07

MVM

to jcb07
I concur with Irish Shark See Profile. I would add that SNR should be much better than 4.4 dB with line attenuation at 40.5 dB. I have 11.5 dB SNR with 51.5 dB attenuation at another site.

jcb07
@centurytel.net

jcb07 to Irish Shark

Anon

to Irish Shark
Well, my connection is constantly dropping. When it's bad, I'm talking every 60sec or so. But the phone lines are fine. No problems at all.

For example. I'm not really having any problems right now. Which is extremely rare. But every time my connection drops, it's not just my PPP status going down. I actually lose my DSL Connection. So it will connect back at a different speed. Sometimes it's 1.2mb, 4mb, 3, 2... etc. etc. Completely random.

But my stats right now are great. It just won't last very long.

Transceiver Revision : A2pB030m1.d23a
Vendor ID Code : 4D54
Line Mode : ADSL_2plus
Data Path FAST
Transceiver Information Downstream Path Upstream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 12479 894
Margin (dB) 11.2 9.5
Line Attenuation (dB) 37.0 24.0
Transmit Power (dBm) 0.0 12.6

And since the problem is intermittent, I can never get a tech to diagnose the issue.
nettech208
join:2013-05-21
Kuna, ID

nettech208

JCB your circuit is going to be very unstable. You want your noise margins to be high and your attenuation to be low and you are just the opposite. If you have the time I would like to see what you numbers are at the network interface on the side of your house. That will rule out inside or outside. Plug into the registration jack on the side of your house then post the numbers you have been posting. That will give us an idea on which way to go. If they are still bad there then it could be bridge tap but if they are good there I'd say there is something in your house that's not filtered. IE an alarm panel or satellite box....

CID
@qwest.net

CID to jcb07

Anon

to jcb07
Had the same issue, after I traced everything I found a tiny exposed wire, dropping signal... the high freq that they send down is awesome, BUT the modem is sensitive to any fluctuation... if the modem senses ANY flux it will reset the ip look for a ground spot.. (bare wire)