fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

2 recommendations

fatness to Frodo

to Frodo

Re: The Associated Press and the Feds

I'd advise taking a step back from that view. Years ago people said the Bush administration had no respect for rights or privacy. Now some, like the Guardian, are saying the Obama administration has no respect for the same. Both miss the picture.

The federal government has no respect for rights or privacy.

Politics will blind you to the overall picture.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

1 recommendation

StuartMW

Premium Member

said by fatness:

Politics will blind you to the overall picture.

I'd revise that slightly. I'd say partisan (party) politics will blind you.

This stuff is in the political realm.

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans
join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON

Mashiki to fatness

to fatness
said by fatness:

I'd advise taking a step back from that view. Years ago people said the Bush administration had no respect for rights or privacy. Now some, like the Guardian, are saying the Obama administration has no respect for the same. Both miss the picture. ...

Well here's the difference between the two. Bush could have gone after leakers, investigative reporters and all the rest but didn't. He could have also gone after political enemies by sending the DOJ, ATF, FBI and IRS after them, but didn't. Obama has in some capacity either directly or indirectly(through 3rd hand, or his own actions and statements) gone after well anyone who disagrees with him, and used letter agencies for it.

There's no politics in that, but prima facie on it's own it's correct. More so with the DOJ investigating itself, and with members of the IRS now trying to clam up and run for the hills. I'm not saying that Bush was sunshine and daisies with regards to this, but the pattern of abuse is there in the Obama administration for all to see. And it's not just one instance, it's multiple instances across dozens of people, groups, and whistle blowers.