Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

morbo
Complete Your Transaction

join:2002-01-22
Reviews:
·Charter

[Telephone] Charter biz phone: another outage;goodbye!

Anyone else have problems with Charter business phone today? Lost complete access to all lines unexpectedly. One staff member was on a conference call when it just cut out. The good thing is service came back relatively quickly. Still, I *never* lost voice service with the phone company, and now I've had Charter phone problems twice in one week.

Goodbye Charter Business Phone.

BlakePaulson

join:2008-08-06
Alexandria, MN

Another business in our building lost phone service... I get mine elsewhere but have charter's internet... only was an issue with the phone system.

morbo

Today I was on a call and the line went dead. I've already scheduled the switch back to AT&T for the voice lines. I'm keeping Charter internet for the speeds, but will likely get a DSL backup.

kherr
Premium
join:2000-09-04
Collinsville, IL

... and the telcos want to eliminate all of their copper with the rational of using wireless, cable ....

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

Yeah,
Isn't that about stupid?!

@OP,
Maybe you should check into Vonage or some other similar VOiP service. As long as internet works great, Vonage will also. That's what I use and haven't had an issue with their service in a couple years and it's DEFINITELY cheaper than any telco land line!! I'll NEVER go back to that rip off crap!!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

morbo

Reviews:
·Charter

said by cork1958:

Maybe you should check into Vonage or some other similar VOiP service. As long as internet works great, Vonage will also. That's what I use and haven't had an issue with their service in a couple years

Just had an internet outage, so I'm going to order an inexpensive DSL package as a backup.