spc
Search similar:

uniqs

RogersLOL
@rogers.com

RogersLOL

Anon

Stay away from ROGERS.

STAY AWAY FROM ROGERS. I'm not biased.... but after this, when my contract ends, I will be switching to Bell Fibe internet WITHOUT a single doubt.

For the past month, my Internet went from bad (always had to play with lag, I play FIFA 13 on XBOX 360... my players felt like they were stuck in mud, can't make passes, couldn't turn... couldn't do anything for three years) to completely and literally unplayable. There was a horrible controller input delay when playing online (not offline)

Reason I stayed with them for so long was because there are no options... Bell uses phone line internet, and doesn't sound great... but after hearing that they have FTTN (fiber to the node) in my area, I'll be more than glad to try their internet out.

I wanted try playing an OTP game to test out my connection (got ANOTHER new modem because the useless tech support Rogers told me so after getting THREE other modems, with the same problem)

I have a picture of having a red bar connection, but it's on my iPhone, so I'll upload that later... but take a look at this when I pinged google.com and google.ca :

851ms and 231ms? Is that a sad joke? After calling them 15+ times in two weeks, they kept brushing me off saying it's a problem with the modem, that there's no problem with the area (no congestion, signal is "fine"),

At first, I told them to send a technician to check the wiring/other possiblue issues, like congestion... but they said they wouldn't do it... until today, I was raging at the tech support and they finally got someone (probably another useless technician) to check it out, just to say "everything is ok" (as always).

So for people experiencing mud lag, button delay... it is NOT EA, IT IS your ISP! Why can others play EA perfectly while some others can't? Because it's the ISP's fault... some people say that FIFA is horrible, but other online games play fine.... well, FIFA uses P2P (and many ISP's throttle P2P traffic)

If you don't believe me, Rogers FIRST denied that they throttled P2P traffic, but FINALLY admitted that they did it and "promised" to stop throttling.

Here, take a look:
»www.google.ca/#sclient=p ··· &bih=951

So, for any other people affected by lag while playing FIFA, it IS your ISP.... NOT ea's fault! Try another ISP/new modem... try playing at friends house, test the connection out, etc.
Anzio
join:2008-11-22

Anzio

Not many people on this forum like Rogers practices, but will stand and defend their service. Sounds like something is seriously wrong on your line/with your equipment. I have had Rogers (and now Rogers through a different provider) for nearly a dozen years total now, and I have never experienced any major issues with them.

The issues you have experienced suck and are not pleasant, I'm not denying that. But to say that everyone should avoid Rogers services because you're experiencing issues is just silly.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to RogersLOL

Premium Member

to RogersLOL
Do some traceroutes as they will show where the problem lies whereas ping only shows that their is a problem.
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2 to RogersLOL

to RogersLOL
Before to jumped to conclusions and started bashing rogers did you pay any particular attention to other 3 pings that were fine. Clearly the issue needs to be diagnosed properly; a good place to start will be your own equipment (computer, switch, wifi AP etc); then move on to the modem. Then contact rogers if you think your own equipment is fine.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

said by technocar2:

Before to jumped to conclusions and started bashing rogers ....

Don't need any particular reason to bash Rogers. It's just human nature. Rogers or a steaming pile of dog crap. Both revolting to any reasonable thinking human being. Rogers actions and track record speak far louder than any propaganda they dish out. Most people know when they're getting royally screwed over.

Even our like minded American friends know about ISPs: »www.examiner.com/article ··· airlines
Anzio

1 edit

Anzio

said by elitefx:

said by technocar2:

Before to jumped to conclusions and started bashing rogers ....

Don't need any particular reason to bash Rogers. It's just human nature. Rogers or a steaming pile of dog crap. Both revolting to any reasonable thinking human being. Rogers actions and track record speak far louder than any propaganda they dish out. Most people know when they're getting royally screwed over.

Even our like minded American friends know about ISPs: »www.examiner.com/article ··· airlines

Yes, but the OP had no issues with their practices. Simply he said their service was bad when it seems to be something wrong on his end.

Even someone who despises Rogers will say that their service is reliable.

Run a traceroute so you can see where the issue lies.

dabonz7
join:2012-05-17
Ottawa, ON

dabonz7 to RogersLOL

to RogersLOL
I haven't had any problems with Speed Quality except during the daytime when its peak hours its a little slow but other than that everything good on my speed..hope you resolve your problem get a rogers tech to come over and test you're Specs...

CFoo
join:2008-03-19
Nepean, ON

CFoo to RogersLOL

to RogersLOL
Have you tried connecting the modem directly to the XBOX360 to eliminate any of your equipment?

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to RogersLOL

Premium Member

to RogersLOL
Two things...

One - ping's don't mean much - many routers and load balancer's give ICMP traffic lower priority; so a poor ping may or may not equal a problem.

Two - ping's don't show WHERE the problem is... Run a couple traceroute's and post them, please... If the lost time is before Rogers, you need to look at your internal gear; if it's past Rogers, there's not much they can do about it.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Tracerts don't show where the problem is either in many cases, because the delay may be on the return path ... and outbound and return paths may be different
Anzio

Anzio

said by sbrook:

Tracerts don't show where the problem is either in many cases, because the delay may be on the return path ... and outbound and return paths may be different

But the path will include his own equipment in all cases. Would help in determining if it's outside of his home.

abitbent
join:2004-04-23
Brantford, ON

abitbent to RogersLOL

to RogersLOL
Bell.... different pile, same smell.

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1 to Anzio

Premium Member

to Anzio
said by Anzio:

Even someone who despises Rogers will say that their service is reliable.

Significantly more so if you are sure to not use Rogers DNS servers..