spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jack1953
join:2013-05-20
Cape Coral, FL

jack1953

DSL Modems Compatible with Century Link

Are there any ADSL/DSL modems that are compatible with CL beyond the ones the endorse on their site? (Cisco, ZyXel, Actiontec, Intel, Westwell, Technicolor)
Jack
mrhoogles
join:2012-03-02
Silverhill, AL

mrhoogles

i use a zoom adsl2+ modem, its awesome.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin to jack1953

MVM

to jack1953
Most any DSL modem will work with CL, if configured properly. You need one that matches what they provide in your area (ADSL or VDSL). If you want their assistance in troubleshooting problems, you need to have one that is on their compatibility list (check the CL Support site). Since you either have to buy one, or rent one from CL for $5/month, just head to Best Buy and get the one in the CL packaging for $99. It should be a model that supports both VDSL and ADSL. If you have your own router, you can just disable the wireless on the modem and put it in bridge mode.
ArizonaSteve
join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ

ArizonaSteve to jack1953

to jack1953
Since the Q1000 works just fine on ADSL or VDSL2 why would anyone need an alternate model?
nettech208
join:2013-05-21
Kuna, ID

nettech208 to jack1953

to jack1953
Pretty much any modem will work. I would do as the others are saying and buy a Q or C 1000 (*works on most adsl but there are a couple of older systems that the Q or C will not train on but they are rare). Out in the field I see lots of netgear routers that people are using that didnt come directly from Centurylink. Just keep in mind that CTL doesnt support any modem that they dont sell.