Premium
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

1 recommendation

[Update] Chrome 27 -- Come and Get It! Stable 27.0.1453.93

The Chrome team is excited to announce the promotion of Chrome 27 to the Stable Channel. Chrome Frame contains number of new items including:

•Web pages load 5% faster on average
•chrome.syncFileSystem API
•Improved ranking of predictions, improved spell correction, and numerous fundamental improvements for Omnibox predictions. Please see the Help Center for more information on our updated policies.

Use the built-in updater to get it.

Or get it here:
»www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2

1 recommendation

Re: [Chrome] Chrome 27 -- Come and Get It!

Thanks Oregonian See Profile

tonyram57

join:2001-11-08
Brooklyn, NY
When I ran the auto updater a UAC prompt came up. I allowed it but it not suppose to prompt anything. Of course I Googled about this problem and found crap. In matter of fact the searches were so bad I was ready to chuck my laptop outside my window. That bad.

Oregonian
Premium
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR
I did not get the UAC prompt when using auto update from within Chrome and I am running as a limited user (not admin).

Worst case, you could download and install a complete new copy from Google.

Were you able to get it updated?

tonyram57

Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

It updated no problem I just had to allow UAC then it updated and told me to restart the browser.

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2
Reviews:
·CableOne

1 recommendation

said by tonyram57:

It updated no problem I just had to allow UAC then it updated and told me to restart the browser.

That's good to hear . I Googled it and found others complaining of the same problem, but I didn't find a solution, thus no link posted.

FYI, I am running Win 7 64 bit and have never had a UAC prompt come up when updating. I am running as admin.

tonyram57

Brooklyn, NY
Updated again no problem but still popped up UAC.