spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Rob4660
join:2013-05-22
Von1b2

Rob4660

Pre-paid Mobile broadband Whistler BC - options

Hi all. Currently in rural Australia and will be spending 4 months in Whistler BC, Jan - Apr 2014. Currently researching affordable options to stay wired. Current Aussie provider TELSTRA offers international roaming however prices are horrendous.
»www.telstra.com.au/inter ··· Overseas
Keen to run two devices while I'm in BC (I) iPhone5 - unlocked (II) mac pro. I plan to hover free wireless hotspots while I'm in Whistler but are keen to be independent and are interested in some advice on options for text/data (2GB/month) and minimal voice/month. Would ideally have tether capacity to use as mobile hotspot. Current usage is in line with Telstra plan limits which skins me for $80/month.
»www.telstra.com.au/mobil ··· -plan-60
I'm hoping to get a Canada option and keep costs between $50 - $80/month. Hope I'm not being delirious.

frombc
@shawcable.net

frombc

Anon

»koodomobile.com/en/bc/pl ··· rs.shtml

Likely your best current option, most of the other pre-paid offers suck.
ns1225
join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC

ns1225 to Rob4660

to Rob4660
TELUS is cheaper than Koodo since 1GB for 30days is only $30 and the potential fees will be less than $1 for 30 days.

There is no base plan - just add-ons. »mobility.telus.com/en/QC ··· ns.shtml
julienvf
join:2008-12-30
Verdun, QC
Cisco SPA112
TP-Link TD-W8960N
Technicolor DCM475

julienvf to Rob4660

to Rob4660
If your phone is compatible with AWS (1700mhz) frequency, I'd suggest you take a look at wind mobile: »www.windmobile.ca/en/Pag ··· ult.aspx

They have limited coverage in Whistler: Whistler village but nothing on creekside. In term of pricing, simply unbeatable.