All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Davik
@frontiernet.net

Davik to RedStorms

Anon

to RedStorms

Re: [DSL] Pitiful speeds during the day. Congestion issue?

Hey thanks for the info RedStorms. I'm hoping some other ISP comes into the town to break Frontier's monopoly. Their service has been terrible since they arrived. I'm a gamer too, and the connection is horrid for it. I've heard rumors of Mediacom offering fiber soon, but who knows.

RedStorms
@frontiernet.net

RedStorms

Anon

No problem Davik. I've actually brought a few things up with someone on city council and may even have to make an appearance at one of the next meetings and mention that the city as a whole should be pushing for bringing in another high speed provider. It's about time this town gets out of the stone age when it comes to ISP's. I'd like to see some 35mb/5mb+ options here. Especially for those of us who are big gamers. It'd be nice to actually stream my competitive gaming on twitch for once but with our pathetic upload I can wish in one hand and crap in the other
atigerman
join:2002-01-19
Tigerton, WI

atigerman

Oh Redstorms, i know your pain. As i'm a gamer to.

Right now i'm noticing how my skype call quality just goes into the toilet when i have a game updating. It wasn't like this before....

The three year latency issue which after the investigation was found that it was an issue on frontiers end and not mine has taken the fight from me.