MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by gate1975mlm:

Is this new also?

"Home Theater (AVR) Overlay Feature - All Power, Volume, Mute"

I think this feature (A/V Receiver control) was introduced with "Version R2" of the XR2:

quote:
Versions of the XR2 Remote

There are two versions of the XR2 Remote - Version R1 and Version R2. To determine the version number, look at the bottom of the back of your remote.

Version R1 of the XR2 Remote will only control specific Comcast set-top boxes and HD DTA devices, and can also be programmed to control the volume of your TV OR audio device such as a sound system. Version R1 of the remote cannot be programmed to control both a TV and audio device. You can only program this version of the remote with one device code.
Version R2 of the XR2 Remote has all the same features and functions of Version R1, plus it can also be programmed to control both a TV and audio device such as a sound system.

:

9. How can I control a sound system with the XR2 Remote?

Check the bottom of the back of your remote to determine what version of the XR2 Remote you have. If you have version R1 of the XR2 Remote, you can program your remote to control an audio device such as a sound system instead of a TV.
:
If you have version R2 of the XR2 Remote, you can program your remote to control BOTH a TV as well as an audio device.
:
Once the remote is programmed to control both the TV and audio device, it will control the power of your TV AND the power and volume (including mute) of your audio device.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

can you get this remote for the current boxes running iguide?

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by mikedz4:

can you get this remote for the current boxes running iguide?

I guess you could, as it works in IR mode also, but I don't think it would give you any more features, and in fact, it's missing some buttons that are on the previous remotes.

As it says, it's "currently optimized for use with X1 and OSG 2.0"