spc
Search similar:

uniqs

luke10385
@myvzw.com

luke10385

Anon

[Connectivity] Spikes in Upstream Power Levels

Please excuse me if I misuse terminology or say anything incorrect here, not an expert just trying to solve my problem as Comcast support has been less than helpful thus far.

I am having issues where I lose my internet connectivity and my modem resets every 20-30 minutes with my Motorola SB6121. After doing some research it appears it might be due to my Upstream power levels. While the internet is working I am pretty constant in the mid 40's. Then every 20-30 minutes they spike to 55-57 and I lose my connection. Most times I can reset the modem and they come back down to the 40's again, but other times they stay in the high 50's for quite some time and I cannot reconnect.

The line does not have a lot of connections. It was installed less than a year ago and is run from the outside through one splitter that goes to my modem/tv.

Also, many times my cable will flicker a little around the same time I see the spikes in my upstream power levels (not sure if it is related).

I have had a tech come out before and they said power levels and everything look fine. I am having another visit but I am guessing a similar thing is going to happen as the power levels may be fine when he does his tests.

Does anyone have any recommendations on things I can do or tell the tech when he comes out?

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Have the tech come out again and make sure he stays long enough to witness the problem.

You cannot have a stable internet connection with a 55-57 dBmV upstream power level.

I had the same problem and it required a new drop to solve it.