Search similar:

uniqs
nlk10010
join:2007-06-27
Great Neck, NY

nlk10010

Terrible Pixelization/Dropouts in VHO5

Is it just me?

Over the past month or so, on various HD channels (ESPN, HGTV, YES) I've had periods of awful pixelization (video and audio, even black screens) and just plain hesitation/skips on both my regular STB and DVR. Again, I'm in VHO5 (I believe), Nassau County, NY. It got so bad on HGTV last night (hesitation/skips) that I couldn't even watch.

I've never had a tremendous amount of respect for Verizon's TV service but it's never been this bad. Are others experiencing this kind of thing? I know it would seem reasonable that if they were you'd see a lot of posts about it but sometimes people just hope problems go away and won't post (I haven't for a month). If things are A-OK with others in this area then I'll have to go Verizon Direct.

Thanks in advance for any info.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

Have you performed any troubleshooting? If you haven't, reboot your STB, perform an auto correction, and reseat each coax connector, including on the STB and all splitters and connectors from the ONT downstream. Since it's impacting both of your boxes it sounds like a splitter issue.
nlk10010
Great Neck, NY

nlk10010

Nope, no troubleshooting, at least not yet. Thanks for the info, I'll also check signal strength on the box.

garyalex
@verizon.net

garyalex to nlk10010

Anon

to nlk10010
I saw the same thing last night. I'm in downtown Manhattan. Just about every channel had pixelization and audio dropouts every few minutes.

This is why I left TWC for Verizon FIOS. I hope this is resolved quickly.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL to nlk10010

to nlk10010
You're welcome. I've had the service for almost six years, and occasionally a three or so years ago I experienced some of what you describe. I found loose connectors. Since I reseated everything and checked the splitter, I've had no problems at all. Good luck.
fanofmets21
join:2005-12-30
Seaford, NY

fanofmets21 to nlk10010

to nlk10010
Having lots of troubles today on all boxes. lots of channels saying
"this channel is not available at this time" and getting pixelation

Havent seen this at all before. Seems like fios is having some issues.

Nassau County Seaford NY
MacAlert
join:2005-03-16
Flushing, NY

1 edit

MacAlert to nlk10010

to nlk10010
Having the same problem in Flushing, Queens. I chatted with the Verizon support guys on Twitter who ran some tests and remotely rebooted my ONT and set top boxes.

I suggest more people notify Verizon so they know its a common problem.

Edit Sent the VZ twitter folks a link to this thread.
fanofmets21
Seaford, NY

fanofmets21

I also contacted them on twitter support @verizonsupport

They said there was some outages in the NY area and should be fixed by today.

I'll check later when i get home.
nlk10010
Great Neck, NY

nlk10010

Well, I still have to complete running my tests/reseating, but if that doesn't do anything then I suspect we'll get what customers of every cable company (and cell phone company, etc.) get.....either what you did "Oh, that's a temporary outage, it will be fixed soon" or "Oh, no one else is reporting that problem, please unplug your STB,..... (or open the back of the phone, take out the battery....)".:)

As I say, could be my issue but, if it isn't, all I have to say is that it's been going on for way longer than "today".

porkapalooza to nlk10010

Anon

to nlk10010
I was having similar problems last night too - Farmingdale, NY. Thanks for making me realize that it was not just me. I'm reporting...
Poohbear001
join:2013-05-24
Wantagh, NY

Poohbear001

I have a friend who works as a technician and he told me that there was a wide spread problem that affected most of Nassau county last night. It was cleared up this morning.
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k to nlk10010

to nlk10010
I was wondering why only ESPN 2 on manchester city vs chelsey game had really bad pixelation and lagging! I felt like watching a overloaded STREAM lolz.

I am also in VHO5
fanofmets21
Seaford, NY

fanofmets21

Yeah the issue got cleared up the next day as promised.