Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DSMCasey

join:2004-03-27
Sanger, TX
reply to SDL L3Tech

Re: [Connectivity] Latency at 1st Hop?

I'm not sure what it could be. We have just been gaming, we haven't been doing anything else past 24 hours. I don't think we've even watched netflix. I will look into it.

DSMCasey

Sanger, TX
I believe it is spotify. I didn't know it uses a P2P connection. I'll look further into it, but I'm pretty sure it's spotify.

SDL L3Tech

join:2011-06-07
Tyler, TX
kudos:28
reply to DSMCasey
It seems that you're not alone:

»community.spotify.com/t5/Help-De···-p/70367

DSMCasey

Sanger, TX
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
Just one last Update (I hope!). I totally removed spotify from all computers in my home and switched over to Mog. The sound quality is better on Mog and it doesn't use P2P. The interface isn't quite as nice, but it was an easy transition and I'm glad I did it

I can't recommend Spotify to anyone because of how much bandwidth it can intermittently suck up. It will literally eat all your upload speed whenever it feels like it, and there is no way to keep it from doing this aside from blocking ports and making firewall rules. It's so nasty about it that it even does it at startup even if you don't have spotify on!

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
said by DSMCasey:

Just one last Update (I hope!). I totally removed spotify from all computers in my home and switched over to Mog. The sound quality is better on Mog and it doesn't use P2P. The interface isn't quite as nice, but it was an easy transition and I'm glad I did it

I can't recommend Spotify to anyone because of how much bandwidth it can intermittently suck up. It will literally eat all your upload speed whenever it feels like it, and there is no way to keep it from doing this aside from blocking ports and making firewall rules. It's so nasty about it that it even does it at startup even if you don't have spotify on!

Look for a program called Netlimiter. You can lock down the max up and downstream of any program running on your system. Very nice little tool. Don't think they have a long term free version though.
--
What the heck is a GatorKram? »www.gatorkram.com