spc
Search similar:

uniqs
longgone
join:2000-12-30
Culloden, WV

3 edits

longgone

Slower speeds after area Suddenlink System Outage?

Any others from Charleston to Milton and surrounding areas now experiencing unusual speed issues?

Speeds have become very slow and erratic just after a Suddenlink System Outage that occurred on Wednesday around 3AM. The 50 Mb/s had been very good up until the outage, but now the speeds have really gone down, and into single digits during peak usage times.

UPDATE: 3 Hours later, Down speed has returned, but 3 Mb/s UL is kaput and takes several seconds to connect, and it rarely ever has any problem.

Cobra11M
join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX

Cobra11M

they must be upgrading your area, I would think that after a week it would straighten up, ive experienced this when they where upgrading my area before
longgone
join:2000-12-30
Culloden, WV

1 edit

longgone

said by Cobra11M:

they must be upgrading your area, I would think that after a week it would straighten up, i've experienced this when they where upgrading my area before

Naw I don't think so.

Speed consistency is even getting worse here from the "early evening until about 2am", and jumping all over from below 10 to 25 mb in split seconds on the 50/3, and I just downgraded several weeks ago from the 107/5 because of similar issues, so whatever might have occurred with that SL System Outage just may have presented these problem, as all was very good on this 50mb until the Outage, and unfortunately still hasn't gotten fixed. Maybe it's time once again for me to make another sad choice and down grade to a lower or even entry level Internet speed account like a few in this forum had suggested me doing when I was posting about problems with the 107.

Even at this late hour things are not very good. The low ping to that test server might have helped the result of B-, instead of the usual C+.

Yes, it is much better at 1:37 am.