spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ThomR
@verizon.net

ThomR

Anon

VUDU no longer supported by FIOS

The streaming movie service Vudu no longer connects via FIOS through Blu-Ray or Smart TVs. Neither FIOS or Vudu has any explanation as to how or why.

wmcbrine
join:2002-12-30
Laurel, MD

wmcbrine

Do you mean, the service is down, and you called some clueless CSRs about it?
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

2 edits

PJL to ThomR

to ThomR
I just launched VUDU on my Sony Blu-ray player and it worked just fine. So for me, at least, the subject of this thread in not true. The "Oz the Great and Powerful" trailer played in 1080p with full HD audio. It was flawless.

ThomR
@verizon.net

ThomR

Anon

According to Vudu, they've received numerous calls about the issue. For me, it doesn't connect via LG TV or Samsung BD.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

aaronwt

Premium Member

Maybe it's an LG issue? I've recently connected to Vudu from several devices on FiOS without a problem.
But none of those devices were made by LG.
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

So it is not a FiOS issue then.
blue_trooper
join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

blue_trooper

said by PJL:

It would appear extremely unlikely.

However, the sky is falling and I heard that it's Verizon's fault.
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by blue_trooper:

said by PJL:

It would appear extremely unlikely.

However, the sky is falling and I heard that it's Verizon's fault.

I could not have said this better

K3SGM
- -... ...- -
Premium Member
join:2006-01-17
Columbia, PA

K3SGM to ThomR

Premium Member

to ThomR
Vudu working here on Roku via Fios

ThomR
@verizon.net

ThomR

Anon

I know Vudu has received other calls about it. Wondering if it might be VHO-specific? (VHO7 here.) Perhaps it works via Roku, but not via the FIOS router/modem?
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by ThomR :

I know Vudu has received other calls about it. Wondering if it might be VHO-specific? (VHO7 here.) Perhaps it works via Roku, but not via the FIOS router/modem?

A VHO has nothing to do with Internet access, which is how VUDU is delivered. It must be your app that has stopped working. Can you access VUDU on your PC via the web? It is working fine on my Sony Blu-ray app and using a web browser on my PC.

K3SGM
- -... ...- -
Premium Member
join:2006-01-17
Columbia, PA

K3SGM to ThomR

Premium Member

to ThomR
said by ThomR :

Perhaps it works via Roku, but not via the FIOS router/modem?

Um, ROKU is an IPTV device that receives it's programming via the Internet connection, and last time I checked my ISP was Verizon FiOS.

I watch Vudu via Roku via Fios.

Anyhow, since this has absolutely nothing to do with FiOS TV programming, it's a Internet issue, and should probably have the topic moved to the VZ fiber optics forum.
PJL
Long Beach, CA

2 edits

PJL

KA3SGM...
Anyhow, since this has absolutely nothing to do with FiOS TV programming, it's a Internet issue, and should probably have the topic moved to the VZ fiber optics forum.

I think it is an app issue and has nothing to do with Internet connectivity -- unless the OP confirms that VUDU does not work using their PC browser.
It is highly unlikely that only part of the Verizon network would have a problem with no connectivity to VUDU and others (like mine and others) do not. I'm just saying...
Taget
join:2004-07-29

Taget to ThomR

to ThomR
Works fine on my LG tv set. As well as my roku and blu ray player.

ThomR
@verizon.net

ThomR

Anon

Given that FIOS, Vudu, and the mfgrs all seem to have no knowledge (and since it seems to be working for others here), is there any way to uninstall and then reinstall Vudu from a Samsung 6700 BD player and an LG television?
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by ThomR :

Given that FIOS, Vudu, and the mfgrs all seem to have no knowledge (and since it seems to be working for others here), is there any way to uninstall and then reinstall Vudu from a Samsung 6700 BD player and an LG television?

There was a firmware update for the Samsung BD-D6700 on Apr 25, 2013, ver.1014.0. Is that what your system is running?

ThomR
@verizon.net

ThomR

Anon

Yes, I applied that firmware update via USB. (No option to do so via network was available.)
nyrrule27
join:2007-12-06
Howell, NJ

nyrrule27 to ThomR

to ThomR
it could be that VUDU blcoked your ip address by accident. i would see what you ip address is by going to www.whatismyip.com and make a note of it. power off your rotuer for about 30 mins and power back on and see what ip you get..if different then test again
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL to ThomR

to ThomR
To the OP: You never confirmed whether or not you can reach the VUDU site via your PC browser.

What specifically do you encounter when trying to access VUDU with the app on you Blu-ray or TV? If you are using a VUDU account, you might try deleting the information for that logon and trying re-entering it. I don't know how you do it on your hardware, but for my Sony Blu-ray I can delete all account information in the Internet settings menu.

ThomR
@verizon.net

ThomR

Anon

said by PJL:

To the OP: You never confirmed whether or not you can reach the VUDU site via your PC browser.

What specifically do you encounter when trying to access VUDU with the app on you Blu-ray or TV? If you are using a VUDU account, you might try deleting the information for that logon and trying re-entering it. I don't know how you do it on your hardware, but for my Sony Blu-ray I can delete all account information in the Internet settings menu.

It does work via the PC...but the LG and Samsung units get a message: "There is a problem with the VUDU service." or "Unable to connect to VUDU." Code 1:200.

With the help of Samsung, I eliminated all the apps and then reloaded them. But Vudu still does not work. Wondering if maybe a new router id needed? (FWIW, this is why I never buy movies via Digital storage. The UltraViolet flicks I do have are no longer accessible for big-screen viewing. Digital is never a substitute for Blu-Ray...in any capacity.)

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

aaronwt

Premium Member

I have at least fifteen devices that have access to Vudu. If one type of device is having issues I just use another device instead. But typically I have not had any issues.

jfm5440
@cox.net

jfm5440 to ThomR

Anon

to ThomR
Someone at the VZ forums sent me this link. Here's the poop:

I have an LG blu-ray getting 1:200 using FiOS in Virginia, USA. Works fine using computer. Spent a LOT of time with Vudu support even sending traceroutes.

Vudu changed their framework recently to block access from Proxies and VPNs to keep out those pesky foreigners. Somehow my LG is showing as coming from a proxy. My neighbor has Comcast so I linked to his wifi and LG connected normally.

The short answer is either Verizon is using a proxy ONLY when connecting using an appliance OR Vudu's proxy detector is wrong.

As always YMMV this is my experience.

Here is Vudu's last statement:

Hello John,
I've looked through your case history and it looks like the 1:200 error started happening right after engineering pushed out new update across our servers that blocks access from clients connecting through certain proxy servers. For most of our customer base, this update has no effect, however for some connecting via proxy servers this can block access to our service. Since other streaming services work fine on your home network, this may be worth contacting your ISP and asking if there are any proxies involved in your connection. It seems like this would explain why you're getting the 1:200 out of country error, when you're located in the US where you have been all along.

ThomR
@verizon.net

ThomR

Anon

Thanks! I knew I wasn't the only one. I'll be in contact with a Verizon tech tomorrow and see what the results will be.
ThomR

ThomR

Anon

Well, tried changing the router Internet ports as specified by Vudu...and it did not resolve the issue. I have inquired as to whether Vudu would be working with Verizon to address the problem...but they have not responded.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

Why would Verizon be working with Vudu on this? If Vudu is doing something funky with their proxy network configuration, Verizon can't fix that. As others have stated here, they have no problems with Vudu on FiOS.

ThomR
@verizon.net

ThomR

Anon

said by nycdave:

Why would Verizon be working with Vudu on this? If Vudu is doing something funky with their proxy network configuration, Verizon can't fix that. As others have stated here, they have no problems with Vudu on FiOS.

And yet, as jfm5440 has shown above, others ARE having the same issue. And I've come across a few from other sites who report the same problem. Vudu points the finger at VZ...and VZ points the finger at Vudu...and nothing gets resolved.
thetick
join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

thetick

Then call retention and ask for it to be addressed or you will switch providers. If it really is Verizon's problem it get addressed if enough people terminate service.

If you just complain on an internet forum Verizon does not care as long as you pay your bill.

ThomR
@verizon.net

ThomR

Anon

Actually, VZ was very helpful in assisting with setting up the Internet ports. But they swear they aren't using proxies or VPNs. As indicated previously, the change was initiated by VUDU engineers.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to ThomR

to ThomR
Came across this if it's any help »forums.verizon.com/t5/Fi ··· p/582575

ThomR
@verizon.net

ThomR

Anon

Thanks Mike. Forwarded the thread to Vudu a couple weeks ago...but I'm not optimistic about them doing anything.