altermatt
Premium Member
join:2004-01-22
White Plains, NY

4 recommendations

altermatt

Premium Member

War Through a Woman's Eyes

Have enjoyed endless discussions with friends about what to me is an undeniable fact: women and men, perhaps for cultural reasons, perhaps for biological reasons, DO tend to emphasize different things in viewing and experiencing the world. Just as people from different cultures or with different backgrounds or different values might. And of course, their access and acceptance as well as their perspective may differ. whatever your feeling about that can of worms, thought you all might enjoy this article from American Photo in time for Memorial Day: War Through a Woman's Eyes: "Some of today’s top conflict photographers just happen to be women. We spoke with a handful of these photojournalists about their experiences—and how they differ from their male colleagues'." »www.americanphotomag.com ··· ans-eyes

badd
Premium Member
join:2001-10-04
De Queen, AR

badd

Premium Member

Interesting article and photos thanks for the post.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay to altermatt

MVM

to altermatt
A most interesting read to say nothing of viewing the images. I found them much more people oriented and evoking some different emotions than many war images seem to. I hate war, but it is certainly one way in which those not fighting have of viewing how terrifying it is, and women really do view it differently...Venus and Mars on film.