Ceaseless, Tasteless, and Gormless
Premium
join:2005-05-30
Gorham, ME
reply to Anonymous_

Re: Yahoo email forced upgrade (again)

said by Anonymous_:

old one still works for me

The upgrade (which is really a downgrade) isn't scheduled to take place until June:

On or after June 10, 2013, through July 2013 all users of att.net Mail will be prompted to upgrade their att.net Mail accounts.

"Prompted" at gunpoint, that is.
--
Male Announcer: "The red zone has always been for loading and unloading. There's never stopping in a white zone."

Female Announcer: "Don't tell me which zone is for stopping and which zone is for loading!"

bbear2
Premium
join:2003-10-06
kudos:5
prompted forced, but we'll see.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:13

They want ppl to CONSENT to having thier privacy invaded! (OTHERWISE THEY WOULD DO A GLOBAL INTERFACE CHANGE ON EVERYONE ALL AT ONCE) Its important to realise how things work!!

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Mr Neutron

said by Mr Neutron:

said by Anonymous_:

old one still works for me

The upgrade (which is really a downgrade) isn't scheduled to take place until June:

On or after June 10, 2013, through July 2013 all users of att.net Mail will be prompted to upgrade their att.net Mail accounts.

"Prompted" at gunpoint, that is.

yeah still rolling with classic as of 6/8/2013

we will see

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
said by Anonymous_:

we will see

Wouldn't surprise me one bit !

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by Davesnothere:

said by Anonymous_:

we will see

Wouldn't surprise me one bit !

6/10 EST still on classic
--
Live Free or Die Hard...

Yapoo

@att.net
As of June 12th, still using the Classic view. Since I don't use "modern" browsers especially Intenet Exploder, I will be forced to use the public library 'puter to look at mail on the server. Hopefully they'll let me download POPed mail w/o changing anything. 1st person to post that they were forced into submission by Yahoo to change from Classic to New Yahoo Junk, wins a prize

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
said by Yapoo :

....1st person to post that they were forced into submission by Yahoo to change from Classic to New Yahoo Junk, wins a prize

And the winner seems to be (direct link to post in the other thread/forum) : »Yahoo to Users: Let Us Read Your Emails or -- Goodbye!

Yapoo

@att.net
reply to Yapoo
As of tonight I can't log into the AT&T servers to view email, only able to download POP mail. Since I have no intention of upgrading will I be able to continue using the POP mail service or might AT&T/Yapoo! also screw us on that front too? Can those who use the new garbage from Yapoo! do so without JavaShit (which I do not use)?

Here's an old backdoor into the server: »login.yahoo.com/config/login?.sr···PASSWORD Just replace the capitalized words "USERID" & "PASSWORD" with your "user name@att.net" & your "password" and if they haven't upgraded you yet, you should get in. Worked for me for since last year, need a new hack. Anyone have one?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
Never been able to use Yahoo! without JS. Y! claims I need to upgrade my browser, but seems to work anyway; though I only use web access for account management. So long as IMAP and SMTP access continue, I will make admittedly limited use of Y!. When they compel web access, I'll let the accounts die.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:13
reply to Yapoo

Thanx for that link but you shouldnt have posted it!! (This base is viewable to guests (Yahoo,etc))

carpetshark3
Premium
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to NormanS

You can use the main page without JS if you want to just view the news.

I log in, enable Yahoo, go to mail, enable yimg so I can read it. Turn off yimg, and go to groups. Re-enable yimg, log out. Disable yimg and Yahoo, read the front page then go elsewhere.

I also use Tab Permissions and turn off images. There are no images in group posts or mail I need to see.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
I use the Yahoo! site so rarely I never tried any of that. Never thought about it. I don't use any web portal as a landing page; though I have thought about creating one locally. Just open up to a locally stored image.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

Yapoo

@att.net
reply to NormanS
> Never been able to use Yahoo! without JS

Here's the url to do so via the Classic designation »us.mc1811.mail.yahoo.com/mc/welcome?ymv=3 It won't work once they force the new upgrade.

> Thanx for that link but you shouldn't have posted it!!

It's findable by searching the Web, been there for some time. Go to: »www.dawhoo.com/yahoo-mail-login-part-2/ If it doesn't work anymore - it doesn't matter who knows it. I found a backdoor into Hotmail in the 90's that allowed me to not use JavaShit, eventually they continued to make changes and it didn't work anymore. I keep looking for ways around the standards, nothing better to do.

> You can use the main page without JS if you want to just view the news.

I only use the portal to delete large emails, I use dial-up service and that slooows downloads down a ton. Not even remotely interested in what Yapoo! offers especially ads and services. The Internet is Free was the battle cry in the mid 90's, Yapoo! is just one example of how greed ruined the Internet being strictly for fun.

The question remains. If I ugrade "one" of my sub accounts, will I be able to login and access email without JavaShit enabled? I probably will eventually try that on a sub account but will wait a while to see if anyone else has success doing it first.