spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Barry

join:2008-11-04
Burlington, ON

DSL

Are you given any heads up on upgrades, Roc? Also, what modem do you rent out for FTTN? Hoping a new remote is added in my area in North Burlington as there is a lot of new development across the street from me.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..
said by Barry:

Are you given any heads up on upgrades, Roc? Also, what modem do you rent out for FTTN? Hoping a new remote is added in my area in North Burlington as there is a lot of new development across the street from me.

all VDSL2 installs currently need to use a Sagemcom modem, but it seems rocca is working on getting another modem certified 'soon'. also the Bell site as well as the online qualification tool isn't precise for new areas (mine still isn't listed in both even tho i've had VDSL2/50/10 for months), but by contacting them and providing your address they're able to confirm manually.

Bell also has a direct support forum on DSLR that can manually check if you can get any of their services.

Barry

join:2008-11-04
Burlington, ON
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
I qualify for 25/7 right now, but I'm waiting for 50/10. That and a solution to Sagemcom bridge mode mess and the double NAT workaround. I don't know if this is a remote or stinger, but it's about 600m from my house. Who knows the distance cable wise.

Street View: »goo.gl/maps/zPJF9

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..
it's possible to patch the Sagemcom to enable command line mode and to telnet to it and disable things so that you can do true bridge mode.

this thread here might be able to get you an answer if it's a stinger or a 7330:

»Toronto/GTA 7330/Stinger Remote Cataloging Project

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
reply to Barry
No unfortunately we don't get a heads up or schedule on where gear is planned to go in.

FiberToTheX
Premium
join:2013-03-14
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to Barry
said by Barry:

I qualify for 25/7 right now, but I'm waiting for 50/10. That and a solution to Sagemcom bridge mode mess and the double NAT workaround. I don't know if this is a remote or stinger, but it's about 600m from my house. Who knows the distance cable wise.

Street View: »goo.gl/maps/zPJF9

Theres a VSEM-C 7330 and a Stinger remote there.