FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
join:2010-02-26
Canada

1 edit

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

Sagemcom upstream SnR?

Managed to hack my Sagemcom to pull the stats but I can't seem to find upstream noise margin. Am I missing something? Also my max obtainable rates are too high in comparison with all the lines I've seen in the past so I'm a bit concerned that the stats tool isn't all that accurate. Thanks for the info, guys
FiReSTaRT

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

Just a note, the stats really WERE that good. Still can't believe it lol I even figured out which is which as it's not very clear from the output.
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7 to FiReSTaRT

to FiReSTaRT
Be great if you'd post them.

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
Canada

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

Syncing at 26926/8128, max attainable 91816/30380, noise margins 26.2/25.4, downstream attenuation 18.4
lawrenson
join:2012-02-22

lawrenson

The Sagemcom doesn't give upstream SNR, I don't know if this is a limitation of the modem or of VDSL.

From the output you should see something like:
Upstream Line Attenuation: NA (Only for ADSL1 & T1.413)
Upstream SNR Margin: NA (Only for ADSL1 & T1413)

kovy7

kovy7 to FiReSTaRT

to FiReSTaRT
Your on a 7330, good line stats.

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
Canada

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

Equipment type is VSM_ERAM.. As long as it's not an OSLAM, I'm a happy man

@lawrenson: Under the "Near End SNR Margin and Attenuation", the "Avg SNR Margin: 26.0 dB" closely matched my DS noise margin and the "SNR Margin: 25.1 dB" closely matched my US noise margin so I figured that's what those numbers were showing. There's a good possibility I could be wrong on this count :P
kovy7

kovy7

said by FiReSTaRT:

Equipment type is VSM_ERAM.. As long as it's not an OSLAM, I'm a happy man

@lawrenson: Under the "Near End SNR Margin and Attenuation", the "Avg SNR Margin: 26.0 dB" closely matched my DS noise margin and the "SNR Margin: 25.1 dB" closely matched my US noise margin so I figured that's what those numbers were showing. There's a good possibility I could be wrong on this count :P

Yup 7330.

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
Canada

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

said by kovy7:

Yup 7330.

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't know they were synonymous, but it doesn't surprise me. What does that stand for anyway?
kovy7

kovy7

said by FiReSTaRT:

said by kovy7:

Yup 7330.

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't know they were synonymous, but it doesn't surprise me. What does that stand for anyway?

I have no ideas for the names.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

to FiReSTaRT
I'd suggest you get a different modem and put the Sagemcom on a shelf.

7330 means you can use other modems easily.

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
Canada

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

said by HiVolt:

No reason to. Stats outta this world.. Don't remember my sessions being as long as they are now.. Huge improvement over the Cellpipe which worked ok.
kovy7

kovy7

said by FiReSTaRT:

said by HiVolt:

No reason to. Stats outta this world.. Don't remember my sessions being as long as they are now.. Huge improvement over the Cellpipe which worked ok.

thats because your not on 50/10... you wouldn't be saying that lol.

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
Canada

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

said by kovy7:

thats because your not on 50/10... you wouldn't be saying that lol.

I must be missing something here.. Based on the noise margins and the caps I don't see any issues even with going with 80/25 if such existed, "on paper". Would you mind cluing me in?

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

He's talking about the 35mbps speed limitation in PPPoE passthru mode, if you use your own router.

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
Canada

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

said by HiVolt:

He's talking about the 35mbps speed limitation in PPPoE passthru mode, if you use your own router.

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't know about it, not that I'm planning on upgrading any time soon, but good to keep in mind.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

but you can fix that issue by flashing the firmware and setting the modem into bridge mode.

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
Canada

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

said by jmck:

but you can fix that issue by flashing the firmware and setting the modem into bridge mode.

Good to know.. I appreciate the info.. God knows I don't mind a bit of constructive flashing when warranted

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
Ottawa, ON

jmck

here's the guide:

»[DSL] Sagemcom F@ST 2864 bridge mode guide

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
Canada

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

Thanks.. Did it but it killed my stats page so I'll have to borrow the Winblows lappy again and re run the stats unlock tool. Otherwise, no performance difference at 25/10 but its nice to have the option to go with 50/10 later on

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to FiReSTaRT

MVM

to FiReSTaRT
Does the Sagemcom & 7330 combo suffer from sync-no-surf like the Sagemcom & stinger combo does?

My internet was out for a good half hour plus last night because of sync-no-surf.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
Ottawa, ON

jmck

said by Guspaz:

Does the Sagemcom & 7330 combo suffer from sync-no-surf like the Sagemcom & stinger combo does?

My internet was out for a good half hour plus last night because of sync-no-surf.

i can't speak for everyone else on a 7330, but i've never gotten sync-no-surf with my Sagemcom with the 7330 i'm on. the consensus is that it's only a stinger issue at this point.

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
Canada

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

So far so good for about a week and change on 7330. One downer is that I can't access the stats page with the modem in bridge mode, but I can still pull the stats by telneting into the modem.

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009 to jmck

to jmck
said by jmck:

said by Guspaz:

i can't speak for everyone else on a 7330, but i've never gotten sync-no-surf with my Sagemcom with the 7330 i'm on. the consensus is that it's only a stinger issue at this point.

Same here on a 7330. Works perfect on 25/10 with the Sagemcom.