spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Rakeesh
join:2011-10-30
Phoenix, AZ

Rakeesh

Lame cox ad

Got a letter in the mail saying that I could add phone service for $9 and receive a free internet speed upgrade along with it. I called up and asked about it, and they said I would have to pay sticker price for my existing internet service in order to do so, which would basically double the amount that I am paying.

While still cheaper than buying actual ultimate, it's not free by any stretch. It would be one thing if they said that anywhere in the fine print, but there's no mention of it at all.

Sometimes cox can be extremely frustrating to deal with.

Beezel
join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV

Beezel

I keep getting a mail ad for one free speed tier upgrade for x months. But in the fine print it doesn't cover the upgrade to Ultimate. Since I have Premier then what good does it do to waste postage and paper?

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to Rakeesh

Premium Member

to Rakeesh
said by Rakeesh:

Got a letter in the mail saying that I could add phone service for $9 and receive a free internet speed upgrade along with it. I called up and asked about it, and they said I would have to pay sticker price for my existing internet service in order to do so, which would basically double the amount that I am paying.

While still cheaper than buying actual ultimate, it's not free by any stretch. It would be one thing if they said that anywhere in the fine print, but there's no mention of it at all.

Sometimes cox can be extremely frustrating to deal with.

Phone wouldn't be $9 out the door. theres those pesky unfees they don't mention.
Rakeesh
Phoenix, AZ

Rakeesh to Beezel

to Beezel
said by Beezel:

I keep getting a mail ad for one free speed tier upgrade for x months. But in the fine print it doesn't cover the upgrade to Ultimate. Since I have Premier then what good does it do to waste postage and paper?

I thought that just meant that if you already have ultimate, then you can't get a tier upgrade? Because there's nothing to upgrade above ultimate.

Anyways, if that is how they are doing it, then I really don't understand why they would send this to me. I'm not paying sticker price, and I am already on premier. How on earth would this ad apply to me since it is neither free nor an upgrade?

Beezel
join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV

Beezel

The way it is worded it seems like they won't go up to ultimate. But I never bothered calling in since the phone jockeys never know up from down most of the time.
DarkFlow
join:2011-09-04
Lakeside, CA

DarkFlow

They won't. I sent a email and got told you can't get a free upgrade to ultimate from premier. I wanted to test it out to see if it was worth a extra $40 a month, guess I won't now.
rdsport323
join:2001-05-28
Irvine, CA

rdsport323 to Rakeesh

to Rakeesh
How are you all not paying sticker price for premier speeds?

I feel like I'm missing out on some deals or discounts that I don't know of.

Any ideas on how to save on my bill would be greatly appreciated.
Rakeesh
Phoenix, AZ

Rakeesh

Promo items are always available, just requires some negotiating tactics. They're documented throughout this forum.

CoxJimR
Premium Member
join:2002-01-17
Atlanta, GA

1 recommendation

CoxJimR

Premium Member

Thanks to Rakeesh See Profile for sending me the copy of the ad. I agree that it's confusing to a Premier or Ultimate customer to get this offer. I am talking with the team that handles those offers on some changes we can make so this doesn't happen in the future, but it will probably take a few weeks before it updates.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Rakeesh
Phoenix, AZ

Rakeesh

I just got this exact same ad again today - identical to the first one reported.

CoxJimR
Premium Member
join:2002-01-17
Atlanta, GA

CoxJimR

Premium Member

Thanks Rakeesh. You might get that one more time before we change up materials in a few weeks.
Rakeesh
Phoenix, AZ

Rakeesh

I got a different one this time with just a flat out offer for a free tier upgrade for 3 months. No catch of any kind indicated. Went ahead and did it, and a while later noticed my speeds are unchanged. Called them up a few minutes ago and basically got an "oh, you're not eligible."

I'm wanting to just throw out mail from cox from now on without even opening it as I'm on easypay anyways so I never get bills. Chances are it's another offer that I'm not eligible for and I'll probably just get pissed off if I read it - you'd figure they would keep track of which customers are eligible for which deal and save on mailing costs, but apparently not.

Cox_tiff
join:2013-01-12
Chesapeake, VA

Cox_tiff

Hi Rakeesh,

I can understand that it would be very frustrating to see and ad that you do not qualify for. If you would like I can add you to our do not mail list. You can email us your mailing address to coxhelp@cox.com.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

said by Cox_tiff:

Hi Rakeesh,

I can understand that it would be very frustrating to see and ad that you do not qualify for. If you would like I can add you to our do not mail list. You can email us your mailing address to coxhelp@cox.com.

What a slap in the face. how about getting him the offer!
Rakeesh
Phoenix, AZ

Rakeesh to Cox_tiff

to Cox_tiff
said by Cox_tiff:

Hi Rakeesh,

I've done this twice now (received confirmation twice) and I'm still getting mailer ads from Cox all the time.
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

Another thing, that was a tree once, too. Used for this garbage. Why be so damn wasteful with this garbage? If we want to find out about a product, we will look into it.

-Rob
robertva
join:2012-12-19
Virginia Beach, VA

robertva

Don't worry about the trees. They're grown as crops, much as they grow food crops like corn, wheat and tomatoes. It's a longer wait from replanting to harvest, but a short time after the harvest there will be rows of little saplings growing on the same acreage.

The paper is recyclable and biodegradable. With some paper mills there's some issues with waste from the chemicals that bleach the pine pulp from its natural yellowish beige to the white most advertisers prefer. The ads might be at least partially made from pulp that's been through the recycling process, but that also usually needs bleaching.

I'll agree on it being an annoyance having to carry the postcards and envelopes to the recycling bin. At least those are easier to get out of the mailbox than those loose bundles of grocery and pharmacy ads.
Rakeesh
Phoenix, AZ

Rakeesh

said by robertva:

Don't worry about the trees. They're grown as crops, much as they grow food crops like corn, wheat and tomatoes. It's a longer wait from replanting to harvest, but a short time after the harvest there will be rows of little saplings growing on the same acreage.

The paper is recyclable and biodegradable. With some paper mills there's some issues with waste from the chemicals that bleach the pine pulp from its natural yellowish beige to the white most advertisers prefer. The ads might be at least partially made from pulp that's been through the recycling process, but that also usually needs bleaching.

I'll agree on it being an annoyance having to carry the postcards and envelopes to the recycling bin. At least those are easier to get out of the mailbox than those loose bundles of grocery and pharmacy ads.

Actually the better grade paper comes from tree farms using trees that were selectively bred just for the sole purpose of harvesting for paper. We won't run out of trees for paper any sooner than we'll run out of potatoes.

It's for this reason that recycling paper is actually rather a waste of time and energy. Recycled paper is of inferior quality, costs more, and can really only be recycled so many times before the pulp fibers no longer hold together and the material becomes useless.

Recycling solid materials like metals makes a lot more sense.
System

to Rakeesh

Anon

to Rakeesh
System Post
this topic has been closed

Reason: run its course