spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Mister_E
join:2004-04-02
Etobicoke, ON

Mister_E

EA CTO (Chief Technical OAF?)

EA CTO on the new Sony/MS consoles: "these architectures are a generation ahead of the highest end PC on the market"

No wonder EA continues to fall...

»www.gamesindustry.biz/ar ··· -best-pc

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

Rocks have been smoked.
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212 to Mister_E

to Mister_E
Is their jaguar architecture even as good as Bulldozer?

Ea will say about any lie to people who don't know better to make a quick buck.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to Mister_E

Premium Member

to Mister_E
Although I don't doubt both of their respective consoles will play nice with their phones and portable gaming devices, they're out to lunch when they're saying they're more advanced than PCs.

Vertical integration between devices is something Apple has been doing since the mid 90s does that make a G3 bubble mac more advanced than a custom gaming rig?

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0 to Mister_E

Premium Member

to Mister_E
Which makes it all the more ironic that neither the upcoming P$4 and Xbone will implement any direct BC at all. On Sony's end, I can attest that PS1 emulation on x86 can be just about perfect, and PS2 isn't that far behind working pretty well for the majority of the high profile titles. And it certainly won't cost them as much to implement their current-gen Cell chips in the system; certainly less than what it cost to make them the first time

And on Microsoft's side, the Jaguar should be able to easily (if not flawlessly) handle Original Xbox titles... so why the hell not?
me1212
Lees Summit, MO
·Google Fiber

me1212

said by C0deZer0:

And on Microsoft's side, the Jaguar should be able to easily (if not flawlessly) handle Original Xbox titles... so why the hell not?

because then they may not sell as many if they decide to sell them on XBLA. aka greed.

C0deZer0
Premium Member
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0

Premium Member

Yet if they did implement proper BC, it takes the sting off for early adopters, and builds that user base far more quickly, especially with people whose consoles are busted or failing, or those who don't have the room (and outlets!) to keep all the generations of consoles together.

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw to Mister_E

Premium Member

to Mister_E
said by Mister_E:

EA CTO on the new Sony/MS consoles: "these architectures are a generation ahead of the highest end PC on the market"

No wonder EA continues to fall...

»www.gamesindustry.biz/ar ··· -best-pc

Every statement, written or oral, from EA execs is followed by astrixes. In this case the astrixes say something like:

***Based on a market survey of the Best Buy in Buda, Texas comparing available mass-produced PCs in stock and excluding any Apple products or advanced wristwatches.

C0deZer0
Premium Member
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0

Premium Member

said by saillaw:

Every statement, written or oral, from EA execs is followed by astrixes. In this case the astrixes say something like:

***Based on a market survey of the Best Buy in Buda, Texas comparing available mass-produced PCs in stock and excluding any Apple products or advanced wristwatches.

Certainly seems that way. EA was full on for supporting Nintendo for a couple months with the WiiU, then they out and said they weren't going to release anymore games for the platform hot off the news of some dev houses returning their WiiU dev kits... and now they're saying that they will again.

Seems their business strategies flip-flop so frequently with indecision it's not even worth talking about.
me1212
Lees Summit, MO

me1212 to C0deZer0

to C0deZer0
But they don't care about early adapters, they care about how to squeeze the most money out of people they can.

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium Member
join:2004-04-13
Canada

BonezX to me1212

Premium Member

to me1212
said by me1212:

Ea will say about any lie to people who don't know better to make a quick buck.

could be worse, Zynga lied that their company was actually making money when it wasn't(that's without the whole potential insider trading issue).

at least EA somehow still makes money.