spc
Search similar:

uniqs

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

[E-Mail] Insight/RR Columbus Users

Anyone having issues today signing into webmail, having your preferred email program check for mail ect....

I'm getting the error message that my email address username@insight.rr.com does not exist when trying to reset the PW.
Allfirdup
join:2007-01-10
Reynoldsburg, OH

Allfirdup

Mine seems to be working ok, logged in first try no problems

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

OSUGoose

Found out that somehow during the modem swap they re-activated the old first name initial last name@insight.rr.com ID and the one I had issues was pending delete. Don't know 100% if the modem swap caused it or some other system merging caused it as I've been migrating from those email address to Outlook.com, keeping them live simply incase the odd email goes there.
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7

said by OSUGoose:

Found out that somehow during the modem swap they re-activated the old first name initial last name@insight.rr.com ID and the one I had issues was pending delete. Don't know 100% if the modem swap caused it or some other system merging caused it as I've been migrating from those email address to Outlook.com, keeping them live simply incase the odd email goes there.

Wow -- Swapping a modem should not do that Two different screens in ICOMS (last I saw it) not sure why they would felt the need to do that (re-activate an old email).

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

OSUGoose

Yea had no clue, until I randomly went into email settings on Outlook.com and it was having trouble checking all the insight.rr.com sub accounts as well as the main account.

TWC Chat said that the main ID I was using was "Pending Delete" and that the master id was FLast1 (yea the reason its that is due to 4 years ago Insight screwing that up, causing me to lose FLast@insight.rr.com) thus why I have started to migrate from those email addresses.
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7

said by OSUGoose:

Yea had no clue, until I randomly went into email settings on Outlook.com and it was having trouble checking all the insight.rr.com sub accounts as well as the main account.

TWC Chat said that the main ID I was using was "Pending Delete" and that the master id was FLast1 (yea the reason its that is due to 4 years ago Insight screwing that up, causing me to lose FLast@insight.rr.com) thus why I have started to migrate from those email addresses.

When an "agent" deletes an email in it goes into a "PD" (Pending Delete) status on the server.. There is usually a short window of time that it can be restored. Once it "deletes" then its up for grabs by anyone who creates an *.@insight.rr.com email.

I don't even know what my RR email is I never set it up when I had Insight installed the last time.. Never been a fan of ISP Email for various reasons.. [of course if TW doesn't' roll me D3 speeds here in the next few months.. I might be going back to AT&T UVerse - Especially since I know UVerse won't resync every 12 hours causing a connection drop].