uniqs

ashrc4
Premium Member
join:2009-02-06
australia

ashrc4 to art22gg

Premium Member

to art22gg

Re: USA to legalize root-kits,spyware???

The option to weaponizing software to view trojanized data on private material housed either in business networks or government data banks is the desired goal from what i've read. DRM type spins offs for freely available (not private but shared) files is the tangent Emisoft seems to have taken from this.
Have i got this right?

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird

Premium Member

said by ashrc4:

The option to weaponizing software to view trojanized data on private material housed either in business networks or government data banks is the desired goal from what i've read. DRM type spins offs for freely available (not private but shared) files is the tangent Emisoft seems to have taken from this.
Have i got this right?

I think so, at least essentially. But, just as with use of drones over the past 20 years or so, there would be a steady movement of the technology from the military/national-security/critical-corporate "battlefield" into the domestic scene. This is particularly true once one sets up the precedent that a private entity has some legal basis for going into somebody else's computer and uncooperatively messing with it or the files on it, and it will be only a matter of time before that 'basis' is expanded and redefined to include all manner of material. A look at the brief history of corporate misbehavior outlined in the Emsisoft article when such things didn't have any legal sanction should send a chilling message of where this all will be headed once such things become 'legally' acceptable in whatever arena.

ashrc4
Premium Member
join:2009-02-06
australia

ashrc4

Premium Member

said by Blackbird:

This is particularly true once one sets up the precedent that a private entity has some legal basis for going into somebody else's computer and uncooperatively messing with it or the files on it......

By including private contractors and business associated with government contracts.