...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

rockotman to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita

Re: [NHL] Stanley Cup Playoffs!

I guess that was retribution for the 1992 sweep.

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita

Premium Member

said by rockotman:

LOL! One of the announcers at the start said something about talking to someone on the Penguins and telling them that "There is a team to blow a 3-0 lead, and it was the Bruins." which made me laugh, because I REMEMBER that.

rockotman
Premium Member
DSotM

rockotman

Premium Member

said by captokita:

said by rockotman:

LOL! One of the announcers at the start said something about talking to someone on the Penguins and telling them that "There is a team to blow a 3-0 lead, and it was the Bruins." which made me laugh, because I REMEMBER that.

Huh? Pens swept Bruins 4-0 in 92. That was the sweep I was referring to.

The Pens also blew a 3-0 lead, against the Islanders back in the '75 quarter-finals.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

And the Bruins came within 2 minutes of blowing a 3-1 lead in this years' playoffs.

2 lousy, stinking minutes that will live in infamy.

sonofjay
Mission Accomplished - Bush May 1, 2003
MVM
join:2001-05-14
Malden, MA

sonofjay to captokita

MVM

to captokita
Click for full size
Remember that time...That was awesome

skrud
join:2002-05-19
Barrington, IL

skrud to captokita

to captokita
Kaner!

with the hattrick to send the Hawks to the Finals.

Should be a good one with the Hawks winning in 6.

FormerNHLref
@torservers.net

FormerNHLref to captokita

Anon

to captokita
As a former NHL referee, I will tell you guys to stop wasting time with this sport and I think all other sports in general because they are all corrupt in some way. I can only speak for the NHL because that is where I officiated but I don't think any of the other sports are clean either, just look at soccer scandals in Europe and the NBA refs that were paid off.

In my day, I was involved with some shady individuals that apparently worked with some bookies, at least that is what they told me, there could have been other people that pulled there strings to fix games and they were just the middle guys to hide the true identity of the people involved but considering the gambling market in the USA, I wouldn't be surprised if it really is gambling.

The individual I was mostly in contact with, I called him my "agent" would tell me how to call some games if I wanted to make some extra cash + there were other ways I could make money, let's say a team is down by 4 goals in the third, if I could get the team to come back and win from the deficit, I could get a bonus. I wasn't forced to call the game the way he wanted, In the end the choice was mine but the temptation is huge especially in big games I could make more money then the players themselves.

Over my career I banked huge amounts of money and have stashed millions in offshore accounts that were setup for me under fake names my agent set up. I am afraid as time goes on you will hear about me on the news, while I am fairly well versed in technology and hiding my tracks, I think the American government is on my tail with the technology that has been exposed with the PRISM scandal.

When the time comes I don't think I will be the only one taken out because there are other referees just as corrupt as I am and this playoffs has shown that to be true more then ever if you look closely at the games. Enjoy the games but remember that your team won't win if someone is not able to make a lot of money from your team winning. This is the reality of sports in America, possibly more then anywhere else in the world.

captokita
Premium Member
Calabash, NC

captokita to rockotman

Premium Member

to rockotman
said by rockotman:

Huh? Pens swept Bruins 4-0 in 92. That was the sweep I was referring to.

I was talking about what the announcers were talking about in the Bs blowing a near sure thing. I think it was the 04 series where the Bruins blew a lead (3-0 or 3-1) to Montreal and got bounced from the playoffs. As a Boston sports fan (minus basketball and baseball) I'm used to my share of disappointment and blown opportunity.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

1 recommendation

Happydude32

Premium Member

quote:
As a Boston sports fan (minus basketball and baseball) I'm used to my share of disappointment and blown opportunity.
Boo-hoo

Try being a Buffalo sports fan. The football team is dysfunctional, the hockey team lacks leadership and an identity and the basketball team moved away after 8 seasons. Yay! Go us!

sonofjay
MVM
Malden, MA

sonofjay to FormerNHLref

MVM

to FormerNHLref
said by FormerNHLref :

As a former NHL referee.... banked huge amounts of money and have stashed millions in offshore accounts that were setup for me under fake names my agent set up. I am afraid as time goes on you will hear about me on the news, while I am fairly well versed in technology and hiding my tracks....

Ummm......riiiight..... Thanks for coming to DLSR to share with us. Now can I borrow 20 bucks?

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

Are you Rick Tocchet?

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to FormerNHLref

to FormerNHLref
said by FormerNHLref :

Over my career I banked huge amounts of money and have stashed millions in offshore accounts that were setup for me under fake names my agent set up.

LOL

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to shaner

Premium Member

to shaner
said by shaner:

Are you Rick Tocchet?

Nah, he's Kerry Fraser...

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74 to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
I don't give a damn about an asterick I just want another Cup for them Bad Boys From Boston! And I only wish Chris Chelios was out there in his walker so we could cheap shot him like he did Bourque.

captokita
Premium Member
Calabash, NC

captokita

Premium Member

Wow, what a game 1! I thought the Bruins kinda slacked off a bit in the D dept that 3rd period, as the Blackhawks were all over Rask. The 2 goals at the end (tie / OT win) were both shots that if you TRIED to do them, would never go in the net, just crazy redirects/deflections. Still, an amazing game with 3 OT periods full of action. Looking forward to Sat.

Dolgan
Premium Member
join:2005-10-01
Madison, WI

Dolgan to kingdome74

Premium Member

to kingdome74
You may want it, but you're not going to get it as the Hawks will win in 6.

Great game last night with lots of hits and quality saves on some tough shots by both teams. Bergeron's one timer in the 3rd was one hell of shot and loved the sound of the puck hitting the goal.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
join:2002-11-22
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2 to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
I thought the Blackhawks just looked really fast that period more than the Bruins defense slacking off. They just seemed to have more energy that period.

rockotman
Premium Member
DSotM

1 recommendation

rockotman to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
It is disturbing to us Penguin fans that Chi was able to score more goals in one game against the Bruins than the Pens were able to score in an entire series.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74 to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
Yeah our defense looked very tired the last OT but what a crazy good game 1.
kingdome74

1 recommendation

kingdome74 to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
Awesome second game even if they did look like they were wading through concrete at times. Tied 1-1 heading to the Garden and looking forward to another great game tomorrow night.

captokita
Premium Member
Calabash, NC

captokita

Premium Member

2-0 shutout game 3! Woooooot! Go Bruins! Rask is awesome!

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74

Premium Member

I thought tonight the Bruin's O finally matched the D's with stick work especially in-between the blues. Tons of batted in off a stick over the blue. I love this style hockey. Let's grind like the old boys (minus being pissed drunk and stoked on coke).

sonofjay
MVM
Malden, MA

sonofjay to captokita

MVM

to captokita
Just got back from the game. Not sure how it looked on TV but it sure seemed like the ice was titled in the B's favor. And where was Hossa? I'd argue that he's the most dangerous person on the ice for the Hawks and he was a no-show? Stanley Cup finals, you normally have to lose a leg before you get scratched.

B's are looking pretty comfortable.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to captokita

Mod

to captokita
I agree, the ice did seem a bit tilted towards the B's. Hossa was a late scratch, after taking the warmup. Upper body injury and day-to-day, is all I've seen so far.

Blackhawks' Hossa day-to-day after late scratch for Game 3
said by the article :

Marian Hossa was a late scratch with an upper body injury before Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals, and the Blackhawks lost 2-0, falling behind Boston 2-1 in the best-of-seven series Monday night.

Hossa's status for Game 4 on Wednesday night was uncertain.

"We'll say day-to-day. We're hopeful he'll be ready for the next game," Chicago coach Joel Quenneville said. "It was a game-time decision after the warm-up there. That's when we made the call."

The Blackhawks had tweeted that Hossa was "out of the lineup after something apparently happened in warm-ups." But, Quenneville said, "Nothing happened during warm-up."

I still think Hossa will be an amnesty buyout after the season is over; great player (we still miss him here) but with a bad contract as far as cap costs are concerned.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74 to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
K, B's I tilted the ice!

Fir_Na_Tine
Time to get riggity riggity wrecked son
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
South Jersey

Fir_Na_Tine to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
Anyone else notice none of the finals games are on regular network TV? At least not yet. I think thats pretty lame.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

said by Fir_Na_Tine:

Anyone else notice none of the finals games are on regular network TV? At least not yet. I think thats pretty lame.

Uhh.....all the playoffs have been on either regular network TV (CBC HNIC) or on a specialty sports network (TSN). At least, they are here.

rockotman
Premium Member
DSotM

rockotman to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
I'm pretty sure tomorrow's game is on NBC.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74 to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
I've been watching them out in the garage (so wifey can sleep) and I have to say NBCSports stream has been very good.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
join:2002-11-22
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2 to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
What a game last night! A real roller coaster with all those swings in score.